New Defender News

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Argh ....!

"While battling a host of unwelcomed news about the early reliability issues of its Defender hero model, Land Rover is working hard to bring the rest of its range up to the latest specifications – adding a raft of technologies shared across the entire Jaguar Land Rover Group."

XJLI

Adventurer
The Dana Advantek announcement is interesting. Theres gotta be a reason they're using beefier hardware for '21.... SVR model maybe? Theres that V8 one on the 'ring we've all seen.

Carson G

The Dana Advantek announcement is interesting. Theres gotta be a reason they're using beefier hardware for '21.... SVR model maybe? Theres that V8 one on the 'ring we've all seen.
LR has been using Advantek axles for years. Pretty much all modern LR’s except Freelander/ LR2 and L322 have this series of axle. The LR3 for example has M200 up front and a M220 at the back.

naks

MY21 will have 'Intelligent' AWD: "Permanent All Wheel Drive is standard on Land Rover Defender except for those fitted with the new D300 6-cylinder engine. The D300 engine features Intelligent All Wheel Drive for greater fuel efficiency utilizing Two Wheel Drive capability where appropriate."

attachment.php

T-Willy

Saga continues. First Defender's engine was deemed defective, needing replacement. Second Defender's wiring harness was irretrievably damaged during the dealer's winch installation. Now awaiting third new Defender, which in this case is the new, new, new Defender.

Carson G

Saga continues. First Defender's engine was deemed defective, needing replacement. Second Defender's wiring harness was irretrievably damaged during the dealer's winch installation. Now awaiting third new Defender, which in this case is the new, new, new Defender.

I’ve looked at the winch installation instructions and I can’t figure out how they irreparably damaged a wiring harnesses on the vehicle. Also the fact that their first winch didn’t work makes me think this is a dealer screw up. I mean what are the odds that a Warn Zeon 10S platinum just doesn’t work right out of the box? Funny thing is if they had some decent techs they could have figured out what was wrong with the first one a lot sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles