New Defender News

naks

Accessories & mods coming fast from ARB:
"Complete false floor in the rear, with underfloor Revolution lithium battery, HD fuses, @redarc_electronics dcdc solar charger, underfloor storage hatch, @arb4x4 classic 47L fridge, flush mount 12v, USB sockets and towbar mounted mini anderson for solar blanket/charging."

normal_121581261_3708467505882196_4115111891471865651_n.jpg

normal_121584189_265426608127616_2104342296779372720_n.jpg

normal_121694866_3280126135373831_5981040110582969435_n.jpg

Red90

Adventurer
Camera system fails after fuel mixture problem fixed with fewer than 500 miles on the odometer. The camera system is one of those things I'd rather not have or pay for in the first place--for cost and needless electronic complexity.

To be fair they did not fix the check engine light issue. They just did random repairs and it went away for now.

You need the backup camera as you can’t see behind you in any modern vehicle.

DieselRanger

To be fair they did not fix the check engine light issue. They just did random repairs and it went away for now.

You need the backup camera as you can’t see behind you in any modern vehicle.
Not only that, they're mandated by law in the US.

The 360 degree camera and "see-through hood" is perhaps a bit of a gimmick but would come in handy of you don't have a spotter, or where it may not be convenient or safe to have a spotter out. I have been in situations in my Discovery 5 where I have to rely on a perhaps faulty mental picture of what's going on in the sometimes significant blind spot ahead of my front end, especially when climbing in off-road height. Luckily it climbs like a goat anyway....

T-Willy

That's true. While the CEL is now off, the underlying problem that triggered the code was neither verified nor remedied. Luckily they're not leaving to Baja with such uncertainty.

I want badly for Defender's reliability to be as tour-worthy as its design. TFL's experience thus far is troubling.

Dahl's review is I think one of the most useful and comprehensive yet, at least for its off road chops.

Last edited:

Red90

Adventurer
Yes. This is the most censored forum that I have ever seen. The moderators do not simple enforce the rules, but censor content based on their personal beliefs. As an example the statement that you can only state positive things about the new Defender in this thread is not a site rule. It is censorship that was added at the whim of a moderator.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Interesting that they would think to Clarify that this is the Defender HARDTOP. Could this mean we might get a real 90 soft top not just the stupid Canvas Roof?

Attachments

• 0A73D5B8-7A46-4411-859C-DDAF44140E6A.jpeg
    0A73D5B8-7A46-4411-859C-DDAF44140E6A.jpeg
    638.1 KB · Views: 24

A.J.M

Explorer
Yes. This is the most censored forum that I have ever seen. The moderators do not simple enforce the rules, but censor content based on their personal beliefs. As an example the statement that you can only state positive things about the new Defender in this thread is not a site rule. It is censorship that was added at the whim of a moderator.

which is why it’s not been locked and has remained a civil chat about the car without the “It’S nOt A rEaL DeFeNdEr” circle jerk of haters.
Which grew tiresome and I personally blocked seeing a few people as they were contributing nothing but bile and anger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94