New Defender News

Carson G

I wonder if that will be the case in Canada. As far as I know, no coils in Canada. We don't get the base model 110 here.

We also don't get 2WD Rangers or base model Gladiators (most basic is Sport) Manufacturers do weird things so it's tough to tell if Canada applies here too.
Couldn’t you just import a US truck? It Has the option of a full digital dash so the speedo wouldn’t be an issue.

ChasingOurTrunks

I like Andrew and generally agree with him however I wish he would do more research on the new Defender before just writing it off. I mean it pretty much fixes most things he didn’t like about the D4 which he actually liked a lot. Between those two colors I’d go with Gondwana Stone. It looked good in person. I personally would go either Fuji or Yulong White with black alloys. Although I wouldn’t mind a Eiger grey with white steel wheels.

View attachment 603791

It does look quite slick. In my current build I went with Blue but I think I actually like the Stone, white contrast roof, and white steel wheels a bit more. I’m at least 12-24 months away so I’ll see these new colours too before having to decide. I think I will be spoiled for choice as all the colours seem to look really good in their own way. I REALLY like the contrast of the blue and white on the hardtop model that brings the white through the upper rear of the rig, but alas that’s not likely to be an option for the NA market.

I wonder if that will be the case in Canada. As far as I know, no coils in Canada. We don't get the base model 110 here.

We also don't get 2WD Rangers or base model Gladiators (most basic is Sport) Manufacturers do weird things so it's tough to tell if Canada applies here too.

I wonder that too — and when you say we don’t get the base here, do you mean none have been ordered? It looks to me like the land rover.ca site has the same Defender options as the land rover USA site, but I might be reading it wrong. You are quite right that we get oddly limited vehicle offerings up here, with minimal rhyme and reason given what our southern neighbours get.

Importing from the USA might be an option - it used to be a common practice with pickup trucks, but I think they have tightened those rules up a bit in the last 10 years or so.

Corgi_express

I am just waiting to be able to buy any of these solutions (other than lift rods). I just want to see what it will cost to put 18's on a P400, or add some rock rails, or get a bumper that still supports the parking sensors because I take my jawn to the mall too.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I wonder that too — and when you say we don’t get the base here, do you mean none have been ordered? It looks to me like the land rover.ca site has the same Defender options as the land rover USA site, but I might be reading it wrong. You are quite right that we get oddly limited vehicle offerings up here, with minimal rhyme and reason given what our southern neighbours get.

Importing from the USA might be an option - it used to be a common practice with pickup trucks, but I think they have tightened those rules up a bit in the last 10 years or so.
I stand corrected. I thought you could get a base one in the States. I guess the same model that starts in the US for $49,900 starts at $65,300 in Canada. Ouch.

Carson G

It does look quite slick. In my current build I went with Blue but I think I actually like the Stone, white contrast roof, and white steel wheels a bit more. I’m at least 12-24 months away so I’ll see these new colours too before having to decide. I think I will be spoiled for choice as all the colours seem to look really good in their own way. I REALLY like the contrast of the blue and white on the hardtop model that brings the white through the upper rear of the rig, but alas that’s not likely to be an option for the NA market.

It wouldn’t be hard to convert it to a hard top appearance wise. Should be able to order the parts right from LR and have either dealer or yourself and a glass shop install them.

ChasingOurTrunks

It wouldn’t be hard to convert it to a hard top appearance wise. Should be able to order the parts right from LR and have either dealer or yourself and a glass shop install them.

I hadn’t thought of that. Damn, now I need three of ‘em! ;)

This is getting to be an expensive thread to watch!!

Corgi_express

Lucky 8 has listed their rock sliders, but they are not in stock yet. 1800 bucks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles