naks

Photo of the rear with the bumper removed

normal_EcrpkpIXgAAg7fw.jpg

naks

Sales figures 1 April - 30 June 2020 (from Defender2.net, source unnamed):

attachment.php

not looking too good for the L663

Corgi_express

Why is it not looking good for the L663? Those sales numbers most likely represent manufacturing capacity, not demand. Some dealers are marking them up by $20k because of the low supply and high demand.

Give it a few months for the factory to start producing them at a higher rate before judging.

naks

fair enough.

After the debacle with PowerfulUK's car, and another chap whose Defender leaks when it rains, yet more quality issues:

I’ve just taken delivery of a new 110 and am generally really pleased with it. I have a bad rattle from the passenger side door. I’ve had my passenger listen out for it and it seems to be coming from behind the door card itself. It also stops when you open the door slightly (at very low speeds). Has anyone else with a new car had these issues? Assume it’ll be fixed under warranty?I’d rather not have to drop it back in to the dealer so soon and sure they’ll think I’m being a pedant but it will slowly send me mad over time I’m sure! I was hoping it’d have bombproof build quality given the Reports of extensive testing done but I’m a bit disappointed tbh.

Carson G

Why is it not looking good for the L663? Those sales numbers most likely represent manufacturing capacity, not demand. Some dealers are marking them up by $20k because of the low supply and high demand.

Give it a few months for the factory to start producing them at a higher rate before judging.
Exactly TFL tired to buy one but couldn’t get one not marked up or with the options they wanted. They said they would be getting there’s at the end of October at the soonest.

Carson G

fair enough.

After the debacle with PowerfulUK's car, and another chap whose Defender leaks when it rains, yet more quality issues:
Honestly I knew there would be quality issues on the first year or so. The D3 and D4 are fine examples of that. IIRC even the early D5’s had a few issues. Hopefully it doesn’t have any major power train issues little stuff like a rattle and seals should be easy enough to remedy. That one hose on Powerful UK’s was not a major issue IMO either. Sales IMO are due to supply issues QC is probably suffering a little as well because of that. Dealers wouldn’t mark up a vehicle that wasn’t selling. But it’s probably not helping the sales numbers as most people aren’t going to pay $10-20k over MSRP as it just isn’t worth that. That puts a fairly basic Defender into high end Disco or a moderately specced RRS territory.

REDROVER

Explorer
You guys are funny, just like kids, when someone says something about Land Rover terrible air suspension, you cry wolf,how good it is but then someone makes proper coil suspension and all of sudden you are so happy and proud,

Pick one f...in side and don’t flip flop, the brand itself is already a bankrupt flip flop.

Carson G

You guys are funny, just like kids, when someone says something about Land Rover terrible air suspension, you cry wolf,how good it is but then someone makes proper coil suspension and all of sudden you are so happy and proud,

Pick one f...in side and don’t flip flop, the brand itself is already a bankrupt flip flop.
It’s more to do with the fact that the vehicle is already getting decent aftermarket support. Think about it deliveries have just started going good and now we’ve got roof rack options, rock slider options and multiple suspension options. A steel winch bumper is also right around the corner as well as underbody protection. The more after market support it gets the better, it’ll inevitably make the vehicle more desirable. That’s one big thing I disagree with LR on.

soflorovers

Lets make this simple for you: We're not applauding the fact that the New Defender will finally get "proper" suspension. We're glad that someone is finally putting in some serious R&D time into an LR platform prior to it depreciating to 10-50% of MSRP (As has been done in the past with the RRS/LR3/LR4). I still wouldn't convert a new Defender to coils (Cross-linking of axles with air suspension is still a huge benefit), but I'm also not going to ignore that someone with infinitely more money, time and general resources has taken the time to improve the Defender for their specific use on sand. But hey, you're right....we're all hypocrites I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles