New Defender News

EricTyrrell

Expo God
This looks a lot more fun:

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2020%2F01%2Fdamd-jimny-defender-body-kit-info-01.jpg

A.J.M

Explorer
Lucky 8 have confirmed their 110 order.

Given their work with the older models and the newer models.
Shall be curious to see what they come up with for the new Defender.

JackW

Explorer
Well that's good news, means that we will be able to start accesorizing our new Defenders right away. First thing I would want would be rock sliders and skid plates. I will wait to see what ARB will come up with for bumpers but a friend of mine has some great bumpers on his Toyotas made here in the US. If the same folks start building stuff for the Defender it would be outstanding.

The outfit that is building some great stuff for Toyotas is Expedition One, Mike has a bunch of their parts on two trucks and they do really nice work. Maybe we can talk them into building things for the new Defender!

Last edited:

garrycol

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything from ARB coming out quickly - ARB are Japper focused and LR are not a product they put much effort into.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Much of the stuff on my LR is from ARB so you really don't know what of what you speak. Get some real information or hold your breath.

garrycol

ARB is an Australian company where I come from and where the majority of ARB stuff is made (in Melbourne) - a constant complaint in Australia is that they cater mainly for the popular Japanese utes that are sold here and little dedicated accessories are made for Land Rover - yes you can get bars for older Defenders and Discos but nothing else. Nothing for my RRS - the LR3 bar will fit but ARB will not certify it for use on the RRS, so is illegal to fit. Sure they sell generic equipment that can be used in LRs but make little dedicated gear for them.

Sorry but in their country of origin, ARB does not have a great reputation in the LR community.

REDROVER

Explorer
The only thing my 2018 corvette doesn’t know about me is my blood pressure,
On Star trucks everything,
what people don’t realize is when you connect your phone through Bluetooth, everything is shared with 3rd party immediately.
Every modern car now does that crap.

I am sorry for new born children, they are gonna be almost like remote controlled toys when they grow up. And imagine there children?

naks

@LandRoverUSA: The New Defenders are on a roll. Today, for the first time, North American consumers have the opportunity to drive this vehicle on an epic off-road course at #4xFAR. #Defender2020 https://t.co/2YipZLT9BC

normal_EOmlvi2UwAARiy2.jpeg

normal_EOnNVtBVUAAAwmd.jpeg

normal_IMG_2653-860x645.jpg

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Don't be surprised when software updates are monetized under a subscription model. With or without advertising. Own the vehicle? Really? Your subsystems are so complex you won't be able to fix them anyway so how about an attractive lease that includes all services? Oh, and that 'data' will be shared with all government agencies to taxes and tolls.

Amazon, Intel and Ford Want to Harvest Your Data While You Drive
Bloomberg•January 7, 2020

(Bloomberg) -- CES has long been a showcase for automotive gadgetry and a chance for tech companies to pitch their gear to carmakers. This year, the consumer electronics show is embracing an increasingly valuable byproduct of all this activity: data.

Modern cars roll out of factories packed with cellular connections, powerful processors and growing suite of sensors, including cameras, radar and microphones. That’s turning them into the next information goldmine, rivaling the data-creating capabilities of smartphones.

Amazon.com Inc., Intel Corp., Qualcomm Inc. and BlackBerry Ltd. are at the Las Vegas conference this week to pitch data-crunching services and partnerships to an auto industry searching for new revenue streams and business models........

......Fisker will show off its Ocean electric SUV at CES for the first time. The company wants to generate the majority of its profit from software and services over the long term. Fisker has an app for ordering, lease payments and upgrades that it hopes will generate recurring revenue over the life of each vehicle............
"

The Luxury Defender will lead JLR into the future with data sharing and recurring revenue streams.

jaydoc14

some photos my dealer took.

Attachments

• def5.jpg
    def5.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 50
  • def13.jpg
    def13.jpg
    938.9 KB · Views: 50
  • def4.jpg
    def4.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 51