New Defender News

catmann

Well there are no 255/60/20 (32") tires here in the US but all the test mules had them and the tires showed a "LR" where the date stamp would be, so I have no doubt Goodyear developed this 19" wheel size (32") size tire for Land Rover to test with and that there will be several tires coming to market with this size very soon as the vehicle is launched, then a lot more after a few years and sizable replacement quantities are needed for the marketplace.

A.J.M

Explorer
55BE5C97-BB92-4AEC-8920-3535609AB610.jpeg

went to my local dealer who had this D240 HSE 110 in for showing.
3 guys from Land Rover were with it so spent a bit of time chatting to them.

It’s nice. Not as big inside as my D3, especially in the boot but it’s much bigger than the old defender.

Very comfy to sit in, good space in front and middle row. Good leg and head room.
Plenty of shoulder space and lots of practical areas for phones, wallets and stuff.

Plenty of room behind the bumper for a winch. 3500kg towing rating, 90cm wading depth.

The dash mounted screen is large, quick to respond and surprisingly easy to use.
No issues with finding stuff and it’s all got big “app” style bits to click on to take you into parts.
The heating controls etc are on a traditional location and work fine.

It’s compliant for all current and upcoming regulations inc EU 2022 ones which will affect all cars.

Should add.
In the time I was there. They sold 2 110s to people walking in to have a look.

Last edited:

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Real one in the background makes it look like a Playskool toy. At least it fits in with its boutique sister-models now.

blackangie

Well there are no 255/60/20 (32") tires here in the US but all the test mules had them and the tires showed a "LR" where the date stamp would be, so I have no doubt Goodyear developed this 19" wheel size (32") size tire for Land Rover to test with and that there will be several tires coming to market with this size very soon as the vehicle is launched, then a lot more after a few years and sizable replacement quantities are needed for the marketplace.

255/60/20

See attached pic from moab mule

This tyre seems avail now.

The LR stamp is common with tyres now, manufactures making tyres for specific manufacturers, i have seen other tyres with JLR on them for Jags.

I would say your right with other tyres coming to market soon, hence the new size seen on the African 110.

Also the size seen on the goodwood rig as attached
b89bc7fb9e9ad4260f7f193d8e05b383.jpg
4b8868bcf0516e9c23e7a11e0d3a1b6f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

blackangie

View attachment 551465

went to my local dealer who had this D240 HSE 110 in for showing.
3 guys from Land Rover were with it so spent a bit of time chatting to them.

It’s nice. Not as big inside as my D3, especially in the boot but it’s much bigger than the old defender.

Very comfy to sit in, good space in front and middle row. Good leg and head room.
Plenty of shoulder space and lots of practical areas for phones, wallets and stuff.

Plenty of room behind the bumper for a winch. 3500kg towing rating, 90cm wading depth.

The dash mounted screen is large, quick to respond and surprisingly easy to use.
No issues with finding stuff and it’s all got big “app” style bits to click on to take you into parts.
The heating controls etc are on a traditional location and work fine.

It’s compliant for all current and upcoming regulations inc EU 2022 ones which will affect all cars.

Should add.
In the time I was there. They sold 2 110s to people walking in to have a look.
Thanks, love hearing from people that have actually seen it and thanks for sharing pics

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

catmann

That seat looks like its taking some serious abuse already. I hope the production vehicles can withstand wearing better than that....

As for the tires, that Goodyear size shows up now (thanks for the link!) but no one has any anywhere and the Michelin tire above does not yet show up in the US database of available tires sizes yet, so we are clearly in the early stages of these new sizes being brought into inventory. Looks like LR has created a unique demand for this size!

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I opened it bigger, but it looks to me that it might be indicators of how high or low the air sus is.

If you look at the left front, it looks like it's not completely yellow. Like the top, say, 10 percent isn't filled in with the yellow.

soflorovers

Thanks for the photos! That driver's seat looks ROUGH though. Craziest part is that we have a D2 in the family with 110k on the odometer and the seat looks to be in better shape than that one, no joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles