New Defender News

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Geely added to the shortlist of partners that Tata is seeking for JLR. The other is BMW but we all know how that previous marriage worked out.

blackangie

Geely added to the shortlist of partners that Tata is seeking for JLR. The other is BMW but we all know how that previous marriage worked out.
Sorry huh? Got a link or you theorizing?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Paddler Ed

Adventurer

Geely is an interesting partner, as they're the owners of Volvo Cars... who, in the Ford days, were in the same grouping as Jaguar and Land Rover (and Aston Martin). Not as daft as it seems, but Volvo don't have anything other than 4 cylinders engines currently - but Geely and Volvo have some good hybrid and EV knowledge (Polestar).

naks

Spotted at a petrol station in Swakopmund, Namibia

normal_swak01.jpg

normal_swak02.jpg

normal_swak03.jpg

normal_swak04.jpg

normal_swak05.jpg

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Geely is an interesting partner, as they're the owners of Volvo Cars... who, in the Ford days, were in the same grouping as Jaguar and Land Rover (and Aston Martin). Not as daft as it seems, but Volvo don't have anything other than 4 cylinders engines currently - but Geely and Volvo have some good hybrid and EV knowledge (Polestar).

Geely also has Lotus.

Edit add: Lotus Will Get Engines From Geely In the Future

Last edited:

blackangie

Spotted at a petrol station in Swakopmund, Namibia

normal_swak01.jpg

normal_swak02.jpg

normal_swak03.jpg

normal_swak04.jpg

normal_swak05.jpg
Nice find! First expedition ready defender, max tracks, 2x spares, hilift, with mounts? etc. What size wheels, has recovery hooks, but not an X

blackangie

More pics

roof rack
hi lift Jack
mud terrain tyres
ladder,
recovery hooks front and rear
two spare wheels with RWC
max trax
winch
Winch bumper
offroad nav system?
a full width led bar
extra fuel on the roof
Bash plate
Snorkel
Diesel
19s and duratracs??
d17deddbbc7eff5ce28de230eb62e628.jpg
42ffe39fe4ef014c6c4fc4ace6c1b1bf.jpg
9dabf0386ceec7089469825e682389ba.jpg

blackangie

Anyone figure out how these 19s have duratracs? New defender tyre size is 32"

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Anyone figure out how these 19s have duratracs? New defender tyre size is 32"

What do you mean? You can get Duratracs in 19"

Edit: I just realised you might confuse the two "sizes". The 19" is the rim size, and the "32"" is the actual tyre diameter. So one is the nominal size and the other is the actual diameter of the whole setup when installed.
Maybe you already knew this and I'm explaining something you already know, or I'm missing something.

Last edited:

blackangie

What do you mean? You can get Duratracs in 19"

Edit: I just realised you might confuse the two "sizes". The 19" is the rim size, and the "32"" is the actual tyre diameter. So one is the nominal size and the other is the actual diameter of the whole setup when installed.
Maybe you already knew this and I'm explaining something you already know, or I'm missing something.
I believe duratracs do not come in a 32inch tyre on a 19inch rim

Imo there is no way they would be running a 30inch tyre it would throw everything out.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Ah, okay. So maybe you can adjust the tyre size in the settings? Or maybe Goodyear will be launching a "Defender DuraTrac" just like the one I linked to is a "Wrangler DuraTrac"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles