New Defender News

catmann

Oh my, I had no idea Gerry McGovern was such a Prince fan!

2e2ece053b140c413b8857c597331df9.jpg

Last edited:

A.J.M

Explorer
And that video shows a lot of how the rules and regulations have changed in recent years.

it’s no longer just crash into a wall and record what happens.
There’s lane monitoring systems etc now to be designed and factored into.

The regulations are only going to go one way.
However, the new 110 has shown that it’s well designed and safe for accidents.
a 5 star safety rating is a good thing.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
And that video shows a lot of how the rules and regulations have changed in recent years.

it’s no longer just crash into a wall and record what happens.
There’s lane monitoring systems etc now to be designed and factored into.

The regulations are only going to go one way.
However, the new 110 has shown that it’s well designed and safe for accidents.
a 5 star safety rating is a good thing.

So avoid 5-star rated vehicles or at least defeature some of the "technology" such as AEB which becomes standard in 2022. Then consider the move to part time 4WD / FWD .....

LR3/4/virtual "Defenders" and Full Size RRs with V8s and 2-speed xfer cases looking more attractive as they age.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I think what people are saying is that the G Wagon is also 5 star in its new form, but still looks like a g wagon. That said Land Rover did want La d Rover needed and the new Defender will be a excellent vehicle and I. 10 years when they can be had for 10k every one on this forum will be picking up like hot cakes. As for me, I see an Outback in my future. ?‍♂️

Explorerinil

Observer
I think what people are saying is that the G Wagon is also 5 star in its new form, but still looks like a g wagon. That said Land Rover did want La d Rover needed and the new Defender will be a excellent vehicle and I. 10 years when they can be had for 10k every one on this forum will be picking up like hot cakes. As for me, I see an Outback in my future. ?‍♂️
They won’t be running in 10 years.

A.J.M

Explorer
Merc have an advantage over Land Rover in that regard though.

they have the following models.

A,B,C,E,S class.

GLA,GLB,GLC,GLC coupe (why?? ) GLE, GLE coupe (why?? ) GLS.

Then the SL models and vans.

The G wagon, in the U.K., starts at £93,250 for the AMG line G350 D.

when the G starts at £93 grand and you have the other massive amounts of models in the line up. You can do what you like with it as it’s a niche seller and the costs are supported by the rest of the line up.

Land Rover need the defender to sell globally and be one of its top sellers.
Let’s not forget the last defender sold in the USA was in 97, and wasn’t exactly a huge seller then. 19 years later, the last defender rolled off the line.
Still without an airbag or side impact protection that saw it removed from the USA.

Red90

Adventurer
My Discovery 3 is 12 and I have run two 20 year old Discovery 1’s. They may surprise you.

Apples and oranges. If you do not understand the difference and the reasons why, then it is probably not worth the effort trying to explain.

A.J.M

Explorer
Well can you give me the next Euromillions numbers then since you both have superb crystal balls that can see into the future?

So basically Land Rover have spent 6 years and countless millions of pounds to develop a car that will last 10 years according to the claim.

Then you wonder why people laugh and don’t take further posts seriously.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Well can you give me the next Euromillions numbers then since you both have superb crystal balls that can see into the future?

So basically Land Rover have spent 6 years and countless millions of pounds to develop a car that will last 10 years according to the claim.

Then you wonder why people laugh and don’t take further posts seriously.

It's called trolling. Don't fall for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior