New Cooper All Terrain ATW

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Its coopers new Winter tire. Looks like a great choice. I have to check to see if they have 285s. If so, its going to be my new winter tire.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Interesting. It does look like they siped an ATP and then gave it a "severe weather" rating.

I have Cooper Discoverer M+S tires on my 4runner now, they are great in the winter.

Weekender41

Ready to Learn
Interesting. It does look like they siped an ATP and then gave it a "severe weather" rating.

I have Cooper Discoverer M+S tires on my 4runner now, they are great in the winter.

Those M+S tires are great! I ran those all through the San Juans and Wyoming's winters with no problems. I have AT3's now to see how they compare...

mires

Adventurer
Can't wait to hear how they are in the real world. Consumer Reports seemed to love it (for what it's worth). I have the A/T3's now and I can't say enough good things about them.

Bikemobile

Adventurer
It is an all season winter focused tire. Designed to be run year round. I wish these were out last year so I could try a set on my wife's new durango. I put the cooper weathermaster wsc winter tires on in 265/60-18. They were great over the winter. I put the factory terrible michelin latitudes back on for summer. It's winter again so the coopers are back on and I may leave them on next summer as an experiment to see how long they last. I would rather run something like this new ATW for a bit of dirt and mud use in the spring summer and serious winter use. Too bad they are all LT sizes right now.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
They're not showing up on Discount Tire's website yet (but then again, neither are the new BFG AT KO2's.) Is there a certain time of the year when 'new tires' are typically released on the market?

bjowett

Adventurer
All five of mine just arrived, build is 37/14, just a month old. The 275/70R18 is a bit more aggressive than the units pictured on the Cooper webpage... perfect. Here's a tread pic, any others, just ask.

Attachments

• cooperatw.jpg
    cooperatw.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 144

shellb

Adventurer
Can't wait to see pics when you get them mounted up.

Thoughts on if they would fit a stock 200?

I know guys have run that size before with GY Duratracs/others. Wouldn't think there would be an issue.

outofrshell

Adventurer
Just a note if you like the AT3 and like saving money the Master Craft Courser ATX is the same tire made by Cooper but usually sells some what cheaper. I paid $142.00 a piece for 31x10.50x15 and tire shops were quoting about $190.00 for the AT3.Dave

O'DubhGhaill

It is an all season winter focused tire. Designed to be run year round. I wish these were out last year so I could try a set on my wife's new durango. I put the cooper weathermaster wsc winter tires on in 265/60-18. They were great over the winter. I put the factory terrible michelin latitudes back on for summer. It's winter again so the coopers are back on and I may leave them on next summer as an experiment to see how long they last. I would rather run something like this new ATW for a bit of dirt and mud use in the spring summer and serious winter use. Too bad they are all LT sizes right now.

I have read that Cooper will be releasing additional sizes in the ATW come Spring 2015. I just put on a set of the A/T3s last month and would really have liked to have had these instead. No matter, as I have read enough about the A/T3 to know that they will perform well enough in Central New York snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94