New CCW

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well my search for the right edc weapon is over...... I think. I started to down size the G26 to a sig p938. So far the gun has been back to Sig 3 times so with the poor reliability I just can't carry it. I then went to the M&P shield 9mm. There is a lot to like about this gun especially for $450. However after getting about 600 rounds through it I decided by the time I upgraded the grips trigger and sights I might want to look and see what else is available. I was in my local Ace hardware last Monday and was in the gun section (most awesome Ace Hardware ever) and saw that the Springfield XDS was just out in 9mm and they had one. After holding it and dry firing it I had to have it. For $550 I am way ahead same size, and performance as they Shield but significantly better feel and trigger. I just got in a set of the XS big Dot sights for it and should have them installed this week. Here are the pics.

J

JWP58

Ditch the el cheapo kydex supplied holster and get a crossbreed. Nobody will be able to tell you're carrying. I can hide a Glock 35 with ease with my crossbreed.

acasper708

Observer
I got a Kohlster IWB holster and its nice.
I got a Kahr CW45 and love it!!
A lot a gun in a small package!!
The big dot sight will be great for up close but will actually make it a little harder to hit accurately further away.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Yep I'm working n holsters now. I picked up a cheap desantis iwb thats works till i get something better. I liked the hybrid style holster I was using for my p938 but 12 week wait I have to deal with. I just ordered a desantis super fly so I can pocket carry it my cargo shorts and pants. So I should have that in a week.

On a side not I did drop it off today to get the top half cerakoted. Main slide will be titanium, and ejector, chamber indicator and barrel will be done in black. I decided to not do the frame or any of its components for now. Just didn't see the value in it since it is a carry gun. Honestly there is no value in doing the slide but I just like a 2 tone pistol. Also the guy who is doing it is going to install my big dots for me since he has to press out the factory sights anyway. I'll post picks when I pick it up in a few days.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Ok just got the XDS back today and i am really happy with it. Local guy did titanium carakote on the slide and black cerakote on barrel chamber indicator and ejector. Thrn put my XS Big Dots on.
Before

IMG_20130611_113111_720_zps5f929113.jpg

IMG_20130611_112821_255_zpscc066dbc.jpg

After

IMG_20130621_165232_649_zps85ea6441.jpg

IMG_20130621_165547_290_zps30a5b52c.jpg

I love these sights can't wait to break them in next week. Plus the titanium is way nicer then the factory 2 tone since it is not as bright imo,

stevo

Observer
Howdy,
That is a SWEET Springfield! I've been carrying a 45 XD for several years now; since I'm in Calif. I can't get the XDS
but am very happy with my standard XD (kinda wish I could have more than 10 rounds though). I really like the Springfield mag pouch but I've found that a Blackhawk Serpa works better for me. I can change the draw angle if I want and I can either use it on a belt slide or a paddle. I can even use it as a cross-draw (but I don't like it that way). Don't know if they make it for the XDS yet but they probably will soon.
Congraulations on getting a CCW (too bad that Calif. is so much more restrictive than Fla. in that respect). I've had my CCW for several years now but trying to get one here is like trying to pull the teeth out of a alligator.
Cheers, Stevo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles