New camper build on F550

ITTOG

One minute isn't bad, I must have been a little impatient while watching.

That is a nice sized cab over. Will there be any supports other than where it attaches to the rest of the camper.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

HAF

No other supports needed. The roof is actually in tension by securing it to the roof of main body. There are stand up ribs on either side that are linked to cab over portion. Notice the three bolts at upper right.

Attachments

• eE3q%tHfRvKx5x+g1zO%Sg.jpg
    eE3q%tHfRvKx5x+g1zO%Sg.jpg
    926.6 KB · Views: 151

ITTOG

Looks amazing. I plan to go back and re-read the thread. Really interested in the electrical work.

HAF

Got the chassis ready for the camper body. I am using for springs that work under compression. The sub-frame of camper has mating "nesting" mounts that will ride on top of the isolation dampers on top of mounts. The bottom of sub-frame has two oak strips that will ride on top of frame after the dampers have slightly compressed. There are two fixed links over center of axel that attach frame to sub-frame. The mount plates rise above top of truck frame to nest to sub-frame in between the mounts.

Attachments

• IMG_0952.jpeg
    IMG_0952.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0950.jpg
    IMG_0950.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155

HAF

Nearly finished with finishing the interior of cab over portion. Still need to do the ceiling. To make the fabric covered p[anels, I used material from Perfect Fit and secured it to german Kapatech insulated panels. The Kapa stuff is thin aluminum over 3/8" foam. I secured 1/4" thick foam on the panel, then mated the fabric. The panels are snug fit but will get plastic push pins to secure. The end result here is a cozy sleep space that is super insulated and fully thermally broke. The gray plastic covers are actually electrical chases on both sides. The front covers snap on and off.

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0967.jpeg
    IMG_0967.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 177

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior