New Bronco

1000arms

Have you been griping that your cute little baby Bronco has too little room for all of your gear? Well then, here’s the Next Must Have for Bronco Owners.

The custom, matching support trailer!
View attachment 753662
A bit more information:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
HOW THE LAWS OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND WORK:

According to a recent report in auto news, the Bronco Raptor is still commanding ridiculously high prices with out of the world dealer markups still pushing sticker shock on the new rare rigs to over $100,000!

“If you thought the Bronco Raptor might be immune from markups just because the standard truck has been out for a couple of years, think again. The heavy-duty Raptor version is commanding some ridiculous prices from dealerships. Cars.com has over 25 new Bronco Raptors listed for over six figures as of this writing. As a reminder, MSRP for the high-riding, desert-running SUV comes in at $82,550 fully loaded.

The biggest (mark up) comes from Encinitas Ford in California, where its Bronco is listed for a staggering $154,000. Following closely behind is Grapevine Ford Lincoln in Texas, where it has a Bronco Raptor marked up to $150,000. Looking for a bargain? Head on over to Hoffman Ford in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. It has a Raptor listed for just $145,000.
Encinitas Ford declined to comment on whether people were actually interested in paying that much for a Bronco Raptor,”

Last edited:

yfarm

Observer
Got my WT Sas the end of November, have put 4800 miles on it since delivery. Texas to IL, Tx to Ks. Had a 2013 JKUR, son has a 2022 4Runner TRD OR. I have 2011 scab Raptor. Highway driveability is very similar to the Raptor. The 4Runner has less wind noise but the handling and power of the Bronco makes you realize how dated and pedestrian the 4 runner is. Long term reliability remains an unknown for the bronco, most owners are happy. For my needs the bronco is a better fit than the 4runner or the jeep. My son and I have owned 6 4runners, 2 Tacomas so we have been long term Toyota owners since 1998. He bought the last 4 runner to replace a 2016 4runner after hitting a cow at night in NM while waiting for his WT Sas to be built. Has both vehicles now. Bronco has some minor design issues which I find annoying, hand grip for passenger is on the dash rather than a pillar so ergonomics is bad. Doors need second set of seals like my Raptor has, drive in mud or rain and lots of stuff on inside of lower doors and hinges in a vehicle with running boards. None in the cabin. No 12v round plug except insides the back wall of the console. My F250 has outlets everywhere. Front license bracket blocks part of the radiator,relocated plate to front skidplate. No fuel tank skidplate standard in their most offroad oriented model. Seals on the hardtop look pieced together rather than one piece like my jeep. Frameless door windows on an offroad vehicle? Stop start delete is an option on the expedition but not the bronco. Rant over.

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader

85_Ranger4x4

Got my WT Sas the end of November, have put 4800 miles on it since delivery. Texas to IL, Tx to Ks. Had a 2013 JKUR, son has a 2022 4Runner TRD OR. I have 2011 scab Raptor. Highway driveability is very similar to the Raptor. The 4Runner has less wind noise but the handling and power of the Bronco makes you realize how dated and pedestrian the 4 runner is. Long term reliability remains an unknown for the bronco, most owners are happy. For my needs the bronco is a better fit than the 4runner or the jeep. My son and I have owned 6 4runners, 2 Tacomas so we have been long term Toyota owners since 1998. He bought the last 4 runner to replace a 2016 4runner after hitting a cow at night in NM while waiting for his WT Sas to be built. Has both vehicles now. Bronco has some minor design issues which I find annoying, hand grip for passenger is on the dash rather than a pillar so ergonomics is bad. Doors need second set of seals like my Raptor has, drive in mud or rain and lots of stuff on inside of lower doors and hinges in a vehicle with running boards. None in the cabin. No 12v round plug except insides the back wall of the console. My F250 has outlets everywhere. Front license bracket blocks part of the radiator,relocated plate to front skidplate. No fuel tank skidplate standard in their most offroad oriented model. Seals on the hardtop look pieced together rather than one piece like my jeep. Frameless door windows on an offroad vehicle? Stop start delete is an option on the expedition but not the bronco. Rant over.

I feel the bones are really good but they could have done more to fill it out better.

We got ours last March, it has 16k on it. I have a list too. Not sure a guy couldn't do that with anything though. The offroad truck I measure it against I pretty much designed myself lol.

I do have the overhead handles ordered (cheap Christmas fodder) like people have on Jeeps.

It is her car, she likes it and that is good enough for me. I like my '16 F-150 better for a dd (farm truck duties where the Bronco can't compete aside) and I like my '85 better on the trail (and really it holds a few cards over the Bronco on the road too)

As far as "most offroad model" the Wildtrack is more for high speed desert stuff, a skidplate is probably less required than a trim more aimed at rock crawling like Badlands.

They are more offroad flavor than offroad level, mainly between BD (snow/trail), OBX (luxury), BL (rock crawler/trail) and WT (high speed)

fps7j2xddk5bkqj1lbh1.png

Last edited:

watrboy

Observer
I feel the bones are really good but they could have done more to fill it out better.

We got ours last March, it has 16k on it. I have a list too. Not sure a guy couldn't do that with anything though. The offroad truck I measure it against I pretty much designed myself lol.

I do have the overhead handles ordered (cheap Christmas fodder) like people have on Jeeps.

It is her car, she likes it and that is good enough for me. I like my '16 F-150 better for a dd (farm truck duties where the Bronco can't compete aside) and I like my '85 better on the trail (and really it holds a few cards over the Bronco on the road too)

As far as "most offroad model" the Wildtrack is more for high speed desert stuff, a skidplate is probably less required than a trim more aimed at rock crawling like Badlands.

They are more offroad flavor than offroad level, mainly between BD (snow/trail), OBX (luxury), BL (rock crawler/trail) and WT (high speed)

fps7j2xddk5bkqj1lbh1.png
Well said. I dd mine and use for exploring the tight and rougher trails. Works well. Big drives overlanding without technical exploring. I will drive my full size pickup or Suburban. Bronco is not the only tool in the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles