New Bronco

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
So I went by our dealer yesterday and got some bad news. After the GM had his meeting with Ford on the 10th, it sounds like the 2.7 is going to be on hold for a while until they sort out the valve issue. He figures I have about a 10% at best shot at getting my Wildtrak built this year, and if they roll it over to a MY ‘23, I lose my original pricing, lease rate etc.

So I have two choices. I can say screw it and buy something else (I test drove a ‘22 Ram 1500 crewcab, and ‘19 Tundra Crewmax right after leaving the Ford store), or I can change my order to a lower trim that allows me to run the 2.3 with Squatch. I’m skeptical about the 2.3 having enough jam. It certainly won‘t like towing my 3500 lb trailer much. It wi maybe be ok on flat ground, but Colorado trips would be out.

Anyone here running a 4 dr Squatch with 2.3 auto?

TavisB

So I went by our dealer yesterday and got some bad news. After the GM had his meeting with Ford on the 10th, it sounds like the 2.7 is going to be on hold for a while until they sort out the valve issue. He figures I have about a 10% at best shot at getting my Wildtrak built this year, and if they roll it over to a MY ‘23, I lose my original pricing, lease rate etc.

So I have two choices. I can say screw it and buy something else (I test drove a ‘22 Ram 1500 crewcab, and ‘19 Tundra Crewmax right after leaving the Ford store), or I can change my order to a lower trim that allows me to run the 2.3 with Squatch. I’m skeptical about the 2.3 having enough jam. It certainly won‘t like towing my 3500 lb trailer much. It wi maybe be ok on flat ground, but Colorado trips would be out.

I am. 2.3 manual basesquatch (edit 2 door). Plenty of power to turn the 35s no concerns there. Haven't towed with it yet and not planning on pulling more than ~1500lbs so can't comment on towing. I'm planning on taking it through the Rockies and maybe Moab next summer and it's going to do great!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Think the valve issue has been sorted out since MY21. I think the few that are still popping up are from vehicles that were bought and then haven't been driven much, so as they start getting used enough, the problem arises. Not saying there isn't another problem or they are doing some sort of redesign (like getting the alternator up from the bottom of the engine where it gets covered with mud).

Scheduling lately has been sporadic and it's really hard to gauge what the choke points are. I heard there were issues with the Sasquatch wheels coming from China, there's the on-going MIC constraint, the 2.7l has always been a constraint, then all of the upper trims, and chip shortages in general. I'm sure the new Ranger design will have an impact on Bronco production (they share the same assembly line), they hired a new quality guy who will probably want to revamp the system, the general manager for the Michigan Assembly Plant has now left the company, or any number of other maladies that will cause the downfall of western civilization.

As to price protection, it really comes down to if/when you reserved. If you were an early reservation, you should have price protection through MY23 https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-2022my-price-protection-flowchart.46571/ , but as they always say, "subject to change without notice".

As an early reservation holder (7/19/20 - almost my 2 year anniversary - yay:mad:) with no scheduled build date, the frustration is continually growing. While I recognize I have a highly constrained build (4dr, MIC, Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7l, High Package), there are lots of those running around that were reserved and ordered well after mine. I think the biggest constraint that we are dealing with is the allocation system. The algorithms are set up to favor the big high profile dealers. You can't move an order so these big dealers end up with unused allocations that turn into stock orders that they can then mark up. The small and medium sized dealers that we were driven to by Ford at the outset of this debacle aren't being given allocations in any appreciable amount, so they lose out and the customer (i.e. us) lose out even more. In any case our reservation/orders get slow walked through the system allowing Ford to keep building new stuff at higher returns than our "price protected" orders.

(also, anytime anyone says "my dealer said...", everyone has to drink. They are usually either uninformed or are hiding the real reason things are delayed, like they don't have any allocations because they don't sell enough cars and you should have gone to a better dealer...)

85_Ranger4x4

Our 2.3 Black Diamond scoots pretty good. Absolutely no regrets on the engine.

I pulled a much heavier trailer for years (bordering on decades) with less power and got along fine. Not that long ago 300hp was a lot, a 3500lb trailer hasn't been much of anything for a very long time.

IMO they are trying to scare you out of your order so they can peddle it with a healthy markup.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Well, 2 years and 2 days after reserving my Bronco, I finally got scheduled. Surprisingly, for now at least it is actually only a month out - week of 8/22. I'm sure it is just the next phase in a series of delays, but a journey of a 1000 miles starts with the first step...
I bet your close. We recived three full truck loads of Bronco orders in one week.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
So what is good ole regular gas going for there?
Costco's $5.09. Everywhere else is 20 -45 cents higher. Diesel at 7-11 was $6.07 this morning. I've been running 76 renewable for awhile @ $6.35. Fuel economy is the same but no smell. Saving the planet one tank at a time. I noticed a label on one of those supermarket water vending machines yesterday that read "Thanks for saving the planet." :cool:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Costco's $5.09. Everywhere else is 20 -45 cents higher. Diesel at 7-11 was $6.07 this morning. I've been running 76 renewable for awhile @ $6.35. Fuel economy is the same but no smell. Saving the planet one tank at a time. I noticed a label on one of those supermarket water vending machines yesterday that read "Thanks for saving the planet." :cool:
Costco is cheaper here too. But it's usually lined up out of the parking lot. (Like 10 cars deep or something).
Not worth my time. I also get a points thing at the Mobil 1 I get gas at anyway.

watrboy

Observer
Just filled the Bronco @ $3.99/gal Sunday in Omaha.

Filled the Ranger @4.25/gal yesterday locally.
Are you burning regular? Or is that for 91? Good price either way. We are $4.69 for 87 and $5.29 to $5.69 for 91 depending on with or without 10% ethanol. How do you like the Bronco?
I am very happy with mine and it has met or exceeded what I expected for the price point and options.

85_Ranger4x4

Are you burning regular? Or is that for 91? Good price either way. We are $4.69 for 87 and $5.29 to $5.69 for 91 depending on with or without 10% ethanol. How do you like the Bronco?
I am very happy with mine and it has met or exceeded what I expected for the price point and options.

87/E10

We really like it so far.

Curious if anyone has done any comparisons to mileage/ cost per mile between running regular vs. running premium. Is there an advantage (other than the minor power increase), or is a wash like with running E85 -cheaper fill ups, but less fuel mileage

Dougnuts

Curious if anyone has done any comparisons to mileage/ cost per mile between running regular vs. running premium. Is there an advantage (other than the minor power increase), or is a wash like with running E85 -cheaper fill ups, but less fuel mileage

All I can say is that my 3.5TT F150 makes noticeably more torque with premium and I’ve read enough about low speed pre-ignition to stick with it. It gets slightly better fuel economy, the few times I’ve checked, but not nearly enough to pay for the cost differential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles