New Bronco

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
If we did the soft top order it would be with hard top prep, and I would look to switch to hard top at build time. If that wasn’t possible, I’d just order one down the road. Still waiting to see what dealer says it could be built with. I’ve got a few weeks to decide as we are heading down to Baja until middle of the month.

Let's face it... the New Ford Bronco release has been filled with many challenges. Even the online configurator tool is quirky and the feature/options availability is frustrating depending on model. See below for the lowest cost Ford Dealer (below MSRP) for ordering the Bronco and how I'd build the Bronco.

BRONCO DISCOUNT DEALER!!!
Granger Ford – Iowa
fordbronco@grangermotors.com
(let them know you were referred by "Truck Camper" on YouTube)

#1 - Base "Essential" Bronco
2 Door - 2.3L Turbo + 7 Speed Manual
Sasquatch Package
Auxillary Switches
MSRP $38,375 - Granger Ford Price (with Fees) $36,815

#2 - Black Diamond Bronco
Sasquatch Package
(Features Over Base: Steel Bumpers Front/Rear, Rock Rails, Full Skids, AUX switches, Vinyl Seats, Vinyl Floor)
MSRP $44,830

#3 - Badlands Build Bronco
(Features over Black Diamond: Swaybar Disconnect)
Note this is not a Sasquatch (33" tires) but it does include all the other essential components
MSRP $43,990

Those build configurations give you the essential off road components without all the "extras" that are not needed.

Hope this might be helpful to those of you considering Ordering the Bronco!
While Granger may be selling at some of the lowest prices, they don't have the allocations to support what they've already booked. You might be lucky to get one in '23 if you ordered through them now.

montypower

Adventure Time!
True. They are looking at 2023 or later. However, I doubt any dealer will be able to deliver in 2022 if ordered today. It's not an expedient process. Might be for the best... hopefully the bugs get worked out.

85_Ranger4x4

True. They are looking at 2023 or later. However, I doubt any dealer will be able to deliver in 2022 if ordered today. It's not an expedient process. Might be for the best... hopefully the bugs get worked out.

Hard to say, basic ones are slipping thru pretty quick. More frills add more variables.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I ordered mine in February 2021 with the black painted hard top and was informed shortly thereafter that I had to switch to the MIC hardtop due to supply issues and as a bonus would receive some additional Ford Pass points plus sound deadening insulation for the inconvenience. Then several months later I was advised that unless I switched to a soft top that I would be looking at a late 2022 delivery for the MIC top so I opted for the soft top. It is my understanding that all 4-door soft tops are prepped for a hard top due to the amount of customers wanting to upgrade when available. My wife actually wanted the soft top all along so it worked out. Having said that, I will buy a hard top when they become available if they are in fact $600.00 as was previously indicated by Ford, but somehow I doubt that price will be accurate.

Yeah, the $695 for the MIC top is based on it being built with it. Reports are out there that the 2dr MIC top stand alone is almost $10k, 4 DR over $13k. They may be inflated right now so they can discourage people from buying them until they can get caught up with production. Doubt you would ever see one for less than $5k, maybe aftermarket eventually.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I seem to recall the ~$600.00 price was only available to those folks that elected the soft top during the initial hard top shortage. Maybe i'm mistaken.

Cheers

watrboy

Observer
I seem to recall the ~$600.00 price was only available to those folks that elected the soft top during the initial hard top shortage. Maybe i'm mistaken.

Cheers

I was not promised or notified of any special deal switching to a hardtop other than mine has the provision for adding one later. I am very satisfied with my soft top, even in the -12 F we have had. I have to admit I am glad I was asked to change from the MIC.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I was not promised or notified of any special deal switching to a hardtop other than mine has the provision for adding one later. I am very satisfied with my soft top, even in the -12 F we have had. I have to admit I am glad I was asked to change from the MIC.

Glad to hear your soft top is performing well in such frigid temps.

Cheers

jscherb

Expedition Leader
The problems with the factory hardtop have me thinking about a custom modular hardtop design. Some concept images...

BroncoSafariFullTop.jpg

Modularity would include removable side panels, swappable with roll-up soft sides.

BroncoSafariSidesOff.jpg

Structurally it would be capable of supporting things like roof top tents even with the sides out.

BroncoSafariSidesOffRTT(1).jpg

For ease of access to the cargo area, the factory side-swing tailgate would be topped with a hard "half door upper", forming a rear "barn door". The upper would be removable like a Jeep half-door upper for an open-air experience.

BroncoSafariBarnDoor(1).jpg

watrboy

Observer
The problems with the factory hardtop have me thinking about a custom modular hardtop design. Some concept images...

BroncoSafariFullTop.jpg

Modularity would include removable side panels, swappable with roll-up soft sides.

BroncoSafariSidesOff.jpg

Structurally it would be capable of supporting things like roof top tents even with the sides out.

BroncoSafariSidesOffRTT(1).jpg

For ease of access to the cargo area, the factory side-swing tailgate would be topped with a hard "half door upper", forming a rear "barn door". The upper would be removable like a Jeep half-door upper for an open-air experience.

BroncoSafariBarnDoor(1).jpg
That's what we need. Great idea.

utherjorge

Observer
For ease of access to the cargo area, the factory side-swing tailgate would be topped with a hard "half door upper", forming a rear "barn door".
I saw a notification that you had posted here.

If there's anyone that could get me interested in buying one of these, it would be you. I've been watching your Jeep work forever. You do amazing planning all the way around, and dare I say you come up with a barn door safari hardtop, I'd be in, and it would be a smashing success.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I saw a notification that you had posted here.

If there's anyone that could get me interested in buying one of these, it would be you. I've been watching your Jeep work forever. You do amazing planning all the way around, and dare I say you come up with a barn door safari hardtop, I'd be in, and it would be a smashing success.
Thanks for the nice words.

I've had Jeeps for many years and designed close to a hundred Jeep accessories for about a half dozen companies in the Jeep aftermarket, including hardtops, but I just can't see myself owning a JL. I don't really even prefer my JKU to my LJs.

Last fall I was asked by Overland Outfitters to design several accessories for the new Bronco and I did two (shown on the left page of their new catalog below - the items on the right page are Jeep products that work well in the new Bronco too). I did a canvas + leather door pocket replacement for the nets on the doors (the nets will end up sagging, just like the door nets in the Wranglers), and I did a canvas + leather HD Molle panel for the Bronco side-swing tailgate. In the process of designing these I got to know the Bronco enough to think that my next "Jeep" won't be a Jeep at all, it may be a Bronco.

BroncoGear(1).jpg

So it may be that a Bronco is in my future, and if I do end up with one, I'd do a Safari hardtop for it. All of the design concepts, like the modularity, swappable hard sides/roll-up soft sides and the barn door are well proven on my LJ/TJ Safari Cab hardtop (available from Gr8Tops) and my JKU/JK Safari Cab hardtop, so I'd definitely want these features in a Bronco hardtop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz