New Bronco

jmodz

Got the new tires on today. 285/75R16
Bronco%201st%20a1-X3.jpg

Bronco%201st%20a2-X3.jpg
Looks great! If I were to go order one I’d do a base two door as well.

nickw

Adventurer
Did you guys see that Spicer is offering HD axle upgrades for the new Bronco:

Dana 60 rear axle, Dana 44 "Advantek" front axle, HD stub shafts and driveshafts....all OEM bolt in stuff.

I'd take a 2-door, 2.3L, base model with manual, slap on some skinny 32's and upgrade the axles.....somewhat similiar to a Prado/70 series at that point!!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
We picked up the new Bronco today. Badlands Sasquatch. Rides nice.

EziEyr8.jpg

4oxJ7jF.jpg

I’m looking at doing an order. The BL ‘Squatch or Wildtrak. The initial thought was the Badlands with Squatch, but I did a build and price on a Wildtrak with the same options and it was $6,000 cheaper for the Wildtrak. What are you NOT getting in the WT that you do get with the BL Squatch?

watrboy

Observer
I’m looking at doing an order. The BL ‘Squatch or Wildtrak. The initial thought was the Badlands with Squatch, but I did a build and price on a Wildtrak with the same options and it was $6,000 cheaper for the Wildtrak. What are you NOT getting in the WT that you do get with the BL Squatch?

I drove a Wildtrak at Off Rodeo and have a BL for myself. Stabilizer dis-connect only on BL, front camera and 360 view on my BL, not the Wildtrak. Not sure if rock sliders on Wildtrak, but std on BL. This was my reasoning for the BL.

Mako1114

Adventurer
$6K sounds like a lot of coin for a swaybar disconnect and ************ sliders. Admittedly, I didn't spend a lot of time pricing out models, I just went with the equivalent of the "Rubicon" package.

My wife mentioned the other night that it's her favorite SUV thus far and she has owned an Xterra, 4-Runner, LR4 and Cherokee Trail Hawk. She says the seats are very comfortable, great turning radius and has plenty of power even with the 35s.

Cheers

Yeah, in typical Ford fashion, something is wonky with the Build & Price. I went in and built a Badlands and when you get to the end it's actually an Outer Banks, not a Badlands.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
With retro style vehicles you just never know which way they are going to go value wise. I remember when the pt cruiser came out people were paying full sticker for them. Sweet ride, can’t wait to see pics of yours 85ranger

emulous74

I think there is a real difference here between retro style and modern capability. The Bronco raises the bar in some ways in terms of comfort, technology and capability. All the PT cruiser had was style, it wasn't actually a good vehicle. Will the hey day 20K + MSRP go away, most likely, but not when so many folks have ordered one and waiting years now to get them. Eventually you'll be able to get a deal on a Bronco just like you can sometimes get them on a Wrangler. IMO 20 years from now, the manual transmissions will be worth more especially with all the off-road goodies because of rarity and people sick of being driven around by a computer run vehicle and will want to get back to basics.

85_Ranger4x4

The PT was basically a dressed up heavier Neon... the Bronco is much more than than that.

Will it hold its value forever, no. Neither did the original Bronco.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
With retro style vehicles you just never know which way they are going to go value wise. I remember when the pt cruiser came out people were paying full sticker for them.

Possibly the dumbest post ever from you. You are usually much more astute. I don’t think the new Bronco is remotely in danger of depreciating rapidly. Even that retro turd “FJ” “Cruiser” has somehow managed to hold value really well, and they were anaemic mini vans. Comparing a twin turbo, double locked, factory 35” tired fully steel skid plated off-roader to a PT is a special kind of ridiculous.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles