New Bronco

D

Deleted member 9101

Still. I would have expected it to just walk away from that FJ at a mile above sea level.

Honestly it should have. It's 101% driver error. TFL has shown over the years that they are faaaar from being automotive experts and they have zero clue when it comes to driving. These are the same idiots that broke the u-joints on an F150 because they didn't know how to launch it.

My F150 is 1,000-1,500 pounds heavier than a Bronco, has the older-less powerful version of the 2.7, only has the 6 speed, and even when it had 3.15 gears and was bone stock it launched much harder than the Bronco in that video.

When driven by a competent driver the 2.7 bronco does 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and the quarter mile in 14.2 seconds.

The FJ Cruiser has a 0-60 time of 7.8 seconds and a quarter mile time of 15.6 seconds.

Each tenth of a second difference in time in the quarter mile is roughly a car length at the finish line. The Bronco would be 14 car lengths ahead of the FJ Cruiser in the quarter mile.

In short, TFL either screwed up or they are trying to put out bad press about the Bronco.

roving1

Any word on the Ursa Minor front?

Jupiter58

The HO 3.5 EB like in the raptor is built for the max power. I wouldn’t want to push a regular 3.5 EB into the same territory. IIRC they both have forged rods and crank and a steel sleeved aluminum blocks. The HO has different pistons? Forged perhaps, plus different turbos, bigger intercooler etc.
I am not sure what they claim the limits are on the regular motor but a safe tune and not running at max boost for prolonged time should easily allow the motor to hit 250k miles. It is a very reliable motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, think that's been in the works I bet for a while. I believe there was going to be a change for MY22 anyway that would allow roof racks on the Sasquatch equipped 4 doors. They have been saying that because of GVWR constraints you couldn't get a roof rack on the Sasq. Maybe they're biting the bullet and going carbon fiber so it'll be lighter and stronger?

D

Deleted member 9101

The HO 3.5 EB like in the raptor is built for the max power. I wouldn’t want to push a regular 3.5 EB into the same territory. IIRC they both have forged rods and crank and a steel sleeved aluminum blocks. The HO has different pistons? Forged perhaps, plus different turbos, bigger intercooler etc.
I am not sure what they claim the limits are on the regular motor but a safe tune and not running at max boost for prolonged time should easily allow the motor to hit 250k miles. It is a very reliable motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HO has a lower compression ratio and different turbos and is tuned differently. They run the same craptastic OEM intercooler, but the HO trucks get fans mounted behind them. All 3.5 Ecoboost have forged Pistons and rods.

Either 3.5 will require lots of upgrades (including turbos) to put out enough power to shorten it's life. There is no shortage of 500+RWHP 3.5s roaming the streets. A good E85 tune and a down pipe will put most trucks with the 2nd gen 3.5 over 450 RWHP with zero fuss.

D

Deleted member 9101

Here's a beefy 2.7....same engine and tranny that's in the Bronco.
Screenshot_20210813-122325.pngFB_IMG_1628871828446.jpgFB_IMG_1628871841674.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles