New Bronco

85_Ranger4x4

My local dealer has a base model in stock, if my Canyon is a total this may be the replacement.

If it is a mannequin the dealer has to sit on them for demos until they get so many miles or have been at the dealer for so many months.

If it was someone's order they backed out on it is open season.

85_Ranger4x4

Yep. These seem like a lot of money for 4 cyl. versions:
View attachment 670237

I put every option including roadside kits into a 4 cyl Big Bend Sasquatch and this is how high I could get it:

View attachment 670242

Looks like a 10 grand mark up minimum.

Uh, Big Bend is second from the cheapest package...

And dealer stock has to be soft top unless they are orphaned orders.

The V6 isn't a whole lot more, $1800 in B&P IIRC.

nickw

Adventurer
ADM piss me off to NO end, I don't know why the manuf allow dealers to do it, if anybody should be making $ on these it should be the consumer not the dealers. I'd love to see manuf step up and limit the dealers ability to do this. The structure that the dealers get with MSRP, hold back, etc. nets them plenty of profit margin.....any "appreciation" of a hard to find rigs should be passed on to the buyers.

I went to the Ford dealer to talk about rigs and they gave me the sticker with $2500 ADM tacked on, I asked why, of course because trucks are really hard to get blah blah. Totally cool, when he gave me a trade in value for my truck I told him to add $2500 ADM....for some reason it doesn't work the other way around?

I've paid MSRP for a rig and would for the right vehicle....I'd never pay $1 of ADM out of principle.

nickw

Adventurer
Haha.... Naaa... I'm in the right forum. I joined back when it was guys camping out of vehicles.... Not "everybody buy everything that you can and put it on Instagram."

Totally agree....getting a big ridiculous out there. I joined in 2007, Tacoma's with sleeping platform in a shell & 255's were all the range....things have gone so crazy, seems like 25% of rigs have some sort of roof-top tent, rotopack gas cans, fake beadlocks, etc, I never see anybody sleeping in their RTT's when I am camping (I'm sure many guys here do).

May just be me but modifying a truck based on how it is used is very different than using a truck based on how it you've managed to modify it....one is necessity, one is playing trucks, guess which one gets Instagram cred :)

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Totally agree....getting a big ridiculous out there. I joined in 2007, Tacoma's with sleeping platform in a shell & 255's were all the range....things have gone so crazy, seems like 25% of rigs have some sort of roof-top tent, rotopack gas cans, fake beadlocks, etc, I never see anybody sleeping in their RTT's when I am camping (I'm sure many guys here do).

May just be me but modifying a truck based on how it is used is very different than using a truck based on how it you've managed to modify it....one is necessity, one is playing trucks, guess which one gets Instagram cred :)
In San Diego fully decked out Tacomas are everywhere with owners sporting scruffs and beenies on scorching hot days. They don't have a scratch on them.

nickw

Adventurer
In San Diego fully decked out Tacomas are everywhere with owners sporting scruffs and beenies on scorching hot days. They don't have a scratch on them.
Crazy stuff - I was just down there and noticed the same thing. I'm getting much more cynical as I get older, every time I see a "Build" with all the same BS bolted on I just roll my eyes, 6 months down the road it's just another truck that hasn't gone anywhere with forced photos and forced 'situations' that replicate what one would find in real life....and of course the obligatory photo of the truck in front of the brewery while on way home with one tire on the curb flexed out #longdayontheroad. The car guys are not much better - gets old, but maybe it's me? Fully willing to admit that.

I always appreciated guys like Tom Sheppard - mostly stock rig, under the radar, doing the most epic stuff out there:

I digress...sorry for off topic.

We call them OLAF Tacos (OverLand As F$# ^%, you know like Bought, not Built). Roof top tent that has never been opened excpet in the driveway or some idelic setting for the picture op, fuel carriers (usually Rotopax) that have never seen gas, Maxtrax that have never gotten anything on them than road spray. The answer to the Jeeps with Angry Eyes. I'm sure the Broncos will be right there with them once the accessory market gets up to speed (still hoping somebody comes up with a googly eye kit)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles