New Bronco

86scotty

Cynic
Honestly the JK several friends have them and I’m always shocked by how s-tty the seating space is both front and back rows. And I’m not a big guy.

I'm 6'2" and loved the JKU front seats and position. I even found the cockpit wide enough to suit me considering it's general narrowness. The back seats weren't great but they were real seats. In the 2 door Bronco, the one I spent the most time in and around yesterday, I would call the back seats and afterthought, like jumpseats or sports car rear seats from the 80's, as in for insurance purposes or just to call it a 4 seater. I dunno, I guess it's subjective. I thought they sucked. Fortunately I wouldn't need em. Since they don't fold flat I'd probably just remove them in a new Bronco 2 door.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I'm 6'2" and loved the JKU front seats and position. I even found the cockpit wide enough to suit me considering it's general narrowness. The back seats weren't great but they were real seats. In the 2 door Bronco, the one I spent the most time in and around yesterday, I would call the back seats and afterthought, like jumpseats or sports car rear seats from the 80's, as in for insurance purposes or just to call it a 4 seater. I dunno, I guess it's subjective. I thought they sucked. Fortunately I wouldn't need em. Since they don't fold flat I'd probably just remove them in a new Bronco 2 door.
I think most 2 door owners would remove them. Its a pretty small vehicle with a very specific purpose. I can see lots of Manuals being towed behind RVs in the near future

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Pretty darn impressive...

A Stock
Ford Bronco places third in NORRA 1000 Baja rally .....

(
and with engineers behind the wheel!)

So, this impressive news should add to the desirability of the new Bronco, and affordability of it...you don’t need to spend thousands in aftermarket mods to make one right off the assembly line a very competent off road rig.

“The Bronco was stock except for safety gear: roll cage, harnesses, seats and fire equipment. It had the optional 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 and 10-speed auto.

“We had some stretches of hard-packed roads that were made for Bronco, topping 100 mph in some of the dry lake beds,” said Groves. “Baja mode [one of the GOAT driving modes] was especially helpful in this terrain. It keeps shift points at just the right rpm to keep the turbos spooled up so power is there when you need it and brakes are more aggressive to slow quickly for rough terrain.”

This Bronco ran on stock 33-inch BFGoodrich all-terrain tires, Dana 44 AdvanTEK M220 rear axle and M210 independent front suspension with Spicer Performa-Trak electronic lockers, and with long-travel Bilstein coil-over shocks and position-sensitive dampers. The Badlands trim includes a front sway-bar disconnect.”

Article by Greg Rasa/AutoBlog
NORRA Mexican 1000 off-road rally

Ford just announced that a stock Bronco Badlands four-door landed a third-place finish in its category in the National Off-Road Racing Association (NORRA) Mexican 1000 rally across the Baja Peninsula.

“Bronco has a long, successful history racing down here, so we wanted to put the new one to the test as our final Built Wild Extreme Testing validation – and it exceeded our every expectation for performance across this treacherous environment,” said Bronco engineering manager Jamie Groves. “This race is a key final pre-launch check box for what the Bronco can do.”...

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/30...places-third-in-norra-mexican-1000-baja-rally

Imbecile

I saw one drive by in my little town today 5-4-21. I wasnt impressed, at first i thought it was an old international harvester scout in primer so i looked back again and it was the new bronco in some weird grey primer looking paint. I didnt find the vehicle overly impressive, certainly not worth the 3 years of hype, IMO.

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I saw one drive by in my little town today 5-4-21. I wasnt impressed, at first i thought it was an old international harvester scout in primer so i looked back again and it was the new bronco in some weird grey primer looking paint. I didnt find the vehicle overly impressive, certainly not worth the 3 years of hype, IMO.

The looks are only one of many reasons for the hype.

JPOVS

I have had two reservation for a while now with two different dealers that I’ve been a little hesitant to move forward on as the more time that’s passed I’ve grown a little impatient with the Bronco delivery dates and issues arising for production.

After seeing one in person at the local dealership event this week I canceled both of my reservation. Wasn’t overly impressed. Couldn’t view any of the electronics as I was told the battery was disconnected due to electrical problems.
The front bumper and crash bars look like they won’t hold up to road salt.

I walked away telling my dad who came with that if I were to order another off road vehicle right now it would be the Jeep.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

I have had two reservation for a while now with two different dealers that I’ve been a little hesitant to move forward on as the more time that’s passed I’ve grown a little impatient with the Bronco delivery dates and issues arising for production.

After seeing one in person at the local dealership event this week I canceled both of my reservation. Wasn’t overly impressed. Couldn’t view any of the electronics as I was told the battery was disconnected due to electrical problems.
The front bumper and crash bars look like they won’t hold up to road salt.

I walked away telling my dad who came with that if I were to order another off road vehicle right now it would be the Jeep.

Pretty common to have the battery unhooked for display, especially if they are either not set up to run off shore power or if shore power isn't available. They are driven from showing to showing.

Painted front bumpers... at least it is black. I have a flap wheel and Rustoleum... I would rather have the modular bumper which is actually steel then the more plasticy ones like the other trims or most Jeeps. What was so bad about the crash bars?

If you hadn't converted your reservations to orders by now... you were not going to be getting them anytime soon anyway.

JPOVS

Pretty common to have the battery unhooked for display, especially if they are either not set up to run off shore power or if shore power isn't available. They are driven from showing to showing.

Painted front bumpers... at least it is black. I have a flap wheel and Rustoleum... I would rather have the modular bumper which is actually steel then the more plasticy ones like the other trims or most Jeeps. What was so bad about the crash bars?

If you hadn't converted your reservations to orders by now... you were not going to be getting them anytime soon anyway.

I didn’t convert either yet because the hype was wearing with all the delays and more delays if you order this or that package or option.
I live in Minnesota and this was going to be my daily and winter driver. I don’t want to deal with rust more than I have to.
The bumper is straight up ugly. The hoop is way to close to the grill. The add on bracket for the winch is stupid to me having it stick further out. I never was a Jeep fan but the more I looked at the Bronco the more I like what Jeep has to offer.
Not that it matters but I own a very heavily modified 5th gen 4Runner so maybe (or not) its saying something that I would consider a Jeep with regards to reliability.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Yeah, grille guard looked stupid, factory winch mount was nothing to write home about either especially for the money.

We were not interested in either option though, we converted in late January.

Imbecile

It looks like they have already issued recalls on the Bronco sports :ROFLMAO:
Come on man, they have been over hyping this thing for years now and they forget to install rear suspension bolts and then the next guy in line apparently installs the wrong front control arms on them. :unsure:
Who's in charge of quality control over there?? Guess they had to eliminate that position when Ford signed on and spent millions on the woke agenda.

I guess now we know why you never hear Ford claiming "Quality is job one" anymore. :poop:

Last edited:

Imbecile

Is February supposed to be ancient history? The truck just hit the road and they are already being recalled for huge mistakes. I mean this isnt like an airbag that failed to deploy, or the engine failed because of a design flaw. These people failed to bolt the rear suspension on and installed the wrong front control arms on the vehicles. Now im curious exactly where the sports are being assembled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles