New Bronco

billiebob

watching the new Bronco, every day I lose enthusiasm. Styling was never a high point for me but I'm thinking it is more a cross between an Edsel and an Aztek. Powertrain, 7 speed with granny low rather than an odd extreme low range transfer case I thought excellent...... but everyday some new announcement makes me wonder, does Ford really have a better idea....... and hey this is something brand new for Ford.... nothing about the Bronco is proven.

Fords Mustang rules cuz it has 60 years of development. The new Camaro and Cuda are wanna bees and definitely no competition for the Mustang. Same with the Bronco, new kid with no pedigree. Jeep has a continuous history of refinement.

Like many others who have bought new Jeeps, I doubt I'll buy a Bronco in the next 10 years.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Same with the Bronco, new kid with no pedigree. Jeep has a continuous history of refinement.

Like many others who have bought new Jeeps, I doubt I'll buy a Bronco in the next 10 years.

History of "refinement"? How about history of problems? You'd think that, after building Jeeps for ~ 70 years they could get it right and make a reliable product. Just research "death wobble" on any Jeep forum - even for new Jeeps off the showroom floor.

I had a Bronco (the little 1973 model) then went to Jeep and had one ever since. I have a Rubicon now and have been doing my research because I will be buying a new off-road capable rig in the next year or so. Reading the Jeep forums, about all the various problems, is downright scary and I dread to think about what today's new Jeeps will be like in 10 years, what with all the new electronic hybrid drivetrains they now come with. So you can bet I'll take a close look at the Bronco. At least I won't have to worry about death wobble!

85_Ranger4x4

Death wobble is a poorly tuned SAS thing, not a Jeep thing.

A few years ago Ford was having death wobble problems with super duties fresh off the lot. Bad alignment at the factory.

It isn't an inherent design flaw that causes death wobble out of the blue for no reason, if you have it you need to fix something.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Death wobble is a poorly tuned SAS thing, not a Jeep thing.

It isn't an inherent design flaw that causes death wobble out of the blue for no reason, if you have it you need to fix something.

That's my point! As many years as Jeep has been making Wrangler type Jeeps with solid front axles, why are stock, brand-new Jeeps straight from the factory having death wobble problems? Build the darn thing right so the consumer doesn't have to deal with it!

85_Ranger4x4

That's my point! As many years as Jeep has been making Wrangler type Jeeps with solid front axles, why are stock, brand-new Jeeps straight from the factory having death wobble problems? Build the darn thing right so the consumer doesn't have to deal with it!

Better than a few years ago when welds were failing and junk was falling off the frame...

D

Deleted member 9101

Same with the Bronco, new kid with no pedigree. Jeep has a continuous history of refinement.

L m a o @ refinement. More like "Jeep has a continuous history of clever marketing and brand recognition."

The drivetrain in the Bronco is light years beyond what Jeep stuffs under the hood.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
L m a o @ refinement. More like "Jeep has a continuous history of clever marketing and brand recognition."

The drivetrain in the Bronco is light years beyond what Jeep stuffs under the hood.

I think the Bronco will be good for Jeep. Up to now Jeep has had no competition in that market. Maybe Bronco will force Jeep to up its game to maintain sales. Not just in reliability but also in options. We're already seeing results with the big Hemi engine being made available in the Wrangler to compete with the 2.7 Ecoboost. The part that really ticks me off is no optional axle ratios - choose this model Jeep and this is the axle ratio you get. If you want a different ratio you have to go aftermarket - spend a couple thousand dollars on a brand new rig that should have had what you needed from the factory. Bronco offers several different axle ratios depending on how you plan to use the rig.

Now if we can just get anything but a dark black interior with either the Jeep or Bronco I'd be happy!

85_Ranger4x4

Yeah, all black interiors are not a selling feature for me.

My tan Ranger and gray F-150 interiors... I can almost grow potatoes in the dirt on the dash before they start looking dirty.

Black shows every little speck of nothing and if it is gloss every smudge possible too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles