New Bronco

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
GVWR. No, I'm not kidding. There was a long thread about this over at bronco6g forums a few weeks ago. Certain accessory combos push the vehicle too close to the GVWR and Ford seems to be playing it very safe with the numbers. The Sasquatch package apparently adds a lot of weight and has the potential to limit available accessories.
Ah, okay. Makes sense, sort of. The 35" tires are a lot heavier, not sure about the rest of the package adding much weight.

Not a big deal to me really, not sure I would even get a roof rack. I don't have one on my FJC.

85_Ranger4x4

GVWR. No, I'm not kidding. There was a long thread about this over at bronco6g forums a few weeks ago. Certain accessory combos push the vehicle too close to the GVWR and Ford seems to be playing it very safe with the numbers. The Sasquatch package apparently adds a lot of weight and has the potential to limit available accessories.

Yup.

IIRC a Sasquatch 2dr of nicer trim can weigh more than a non-Sasquatch 4dr with lower trim.

Its too bad they haven't offered a towing/payload package to bump up those numbers for those that would rather have more paylaod at the expense of articulation.

phsycle

Adventurer
Its too bad they haven't offered a towing/payload package to bump up those numbers for those that would rather have more paylaod at the expense of articulation.

I’m guessing there will be people that just want this to drop the top and tow their boat. But I’d guess that’s a small enough percentage, Ford decided not to offer those packages. And probably figured if people wanted more payload/towing, they’d get a Ranger/F150.

85_Ranger4x4

I’m guessing there will be people that just want this to drop the top and tow their boat. But I’d guess that’s a small enough percentage, Ford decided not to offer those packages. And probably figured if people wanted more payload/towing, they’d get a Ranger/F150.

They offer RTT's, kayak mounts etc as dealer accessories... if you don't Sasquatch.

Jeeps are super easy to overload for "overlanding", it would be a easy market grab if they wanted it. If the Ranger can do it, one would think the Bronco could be made to do it too.

phsycle

Adventurer
They offer RTT's, kayak mounts etc as dealer accessories... if you don't Sasquatch.

Jeeps are super easy to overload for "overlanding", it would be a easy market grab if they wanted it. If the Ranger can do it, one would think the Bronco could be made to do it too.

No doubt they can do it. But is there enough demand? Obviously, they decided not right now. But maybe in the future. o

Of note, though, in the F150 world, the 2.7 Payload package and HDPP are not exactly popular options. I haven’t even seen one for sale in my region. And that’s in a truck that’s made for towing and hauling.

85_Ranger4x4

Of note, though, in the F150 world, the 2.7 Payload package and HDPP are not exactly popular options. I haven’t even seen one for sale in my region. And that’s in a truck that’s made for towing and hauling.

The F-150 also has competition, the F-250/350 doesn't really cost a whole lot more and is a lot more truck.

Grassland

I mean the Bronco is a lifestyle vehicle like a Raptor or Wrangler.
So I see why they did what they did from some angles. It will tow a couple jet skis or small boat or tiny tear drop or a 5x10 enclosed trailer. Haul a few people and their gear.
How much $ would they have to spend to get a version on 35s with articulation and with higher payload and towing?
And what's the actual percentage of people who would buy that?

I can't spend 50-70k on a mid size SUV that can't tow much or haul much.
We spent less on the Grand Cherokee which while not as great off road, is more useful and probably more comfortable. Same with the F150.
Maybe I'm just poor or too cheap, but I can't justify the Bronco anymore than I could a Wrangler Rubicon.

85_Ranger4x4

I mean the Bronco is a lifestyle vehicle like a Raptor or Wrangler.
So I see why they did what they did from some angles. It will tow a couple jet skis or small boat or tiny tear drop or a 5x10 enclosed trailer. Haul a few people and their gear.
How much $ would they have to spend to get a version on 35s with articulation and with higher payload and towing?
And what's the actual percentage of people who would buy that?

I can't spend 50-70k on a mid size SUV that can't tow much or haul much.
We spent less on the Grand Cherokee which while not as great off road, is more useful and probably more comfortable. Same with the F150.
Maybe I'm just poor or too cheap, but I can't justify the Bronco anymore than I could a Wrangler Rubicon.

We are not well off by anymeans. Give the Bronco another 2k tow rating and it is still worthless to me for a tow pig.

With a F-150 in the fleet I don't really care what the Bronco is rated for. The receiver is a recovery point, maybe a bike rack.

They feel there is a market for accessories though... Just can't get some with certain packages due to gvw. They could sell more roof racks, paint protection film and rtt's if they bumped up the gvw...

watrboy

Observer
Choices make the difference. I have to have a 3/4 ton to pull my 14k trailers for work. So doubtful I would tow anything. Didn't want 35s, got the 32s and it cost just under $46k. Will use for exploring backroads of Montana and Wyoming. Moving away from Super Tenere so I can take grandchildren along. Pickup has worked for years, but want a better offroad ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles