New Bronco

watrboy

Observer
My order was accepted by Ford and in line for production. Sometime in the summer? Don't know yet. Black Diamond with 32s and steel wheels. Interesting package. Time will tell.

85_Ranger4x4

My order was accepted by Ford and in line for production. Sometime in the summer? Don't know yet. Black Diamond with 32s and steel wheels. Interesting package. Time will tell.

We are going to talk to the dealer this afternoon about ordering the same thing.

watrboy

Observer
At the last minute she went with the alloys lol

Nice, I looked hard at that, but decided I would probably go aftermarket for tires and wheels within a year, (I know a disease - my wife says). I did carbonized gray and hardtop with sound deadening and mid package. Did they give you a timeline yet?

85_Ranger4x4

Nice, I looked hard at that, but decided I would probably go aftermarket for tires and wheels within a year, (I know a disease - my wife says). I did carbonized gray and hardtop with sound deadening and mid package. Did they give you a timeline yet?

That was kind of my thought too, but it is hard to pay for wheels when you are making payments... so whatever. Its her baby. I would have been happy with the steelies myself. I have grabbers on my Ranger and really like them, they were a selling feature for this trim lol.

Ours is Cactus with hardtop, sound deadening and mid.

He thought maybe around July but I think that is kind of optimistic. We had a very late (November) reservation and are going thru a small dealer, supposedly that all plays into it. But on the other hand we had a pretty basic build too so that will help...

Before next winter would be nice, i have already had to pull the Edge out of the snow once this year.

I guess dual top is a killer, he said he had a couple guys order those and they came back with a very late projected build date. He expects them to change their builds to speed things along.

watrboy

Observer
That was kind of my thought too, but it is hard to pay for wheels when you are making payments... so whatever. Its her baby. I would have been happy with the steelies myself. I have grabbers on my Ranger and really like them, they were a selling feature for this trim lol.

Ours is Cactus with hardtop, sound deadening and mid.

He thought maybe around July but I think that is kind of optimistic. We had a very late (November) reservation and are going thru a small dealer, supposedly that all plays into it. But on the other hand we had a pretty basic build too so that will help...

Before next winter would be nice, i have already had to pull the Edge out of the snow once this year.

I guess dual top is a killer, he said he had a couple guys order those and they came back with a very late projected build date. He expects them to change their builds to speed things along.
I had a July 2020 reservation and changed a couple of items to make it easier to build. I am hoping for midsummer, but expecting fall also. No snow here to speak of this winter. Had jeeps before and been driving a 2016 Chevy 2500HD with 34" tires. Looking forward to a more trail worthy outfit that still is comfortable to drive highway miles. The Missouri Breaks are calling.

85_Ranger4x4

I had a July 2020 reservation and changed a couple of items to make it easier to build. I am hoping for midsummer, but expecting fall also. No snow here to speak of this winter. Had jeeps before and been driving a 2016 Chevy 2500HD with 34" tires. Looking forward to a more trail worthy outfit that still is comfortable to drive highway miles. The Missouri Breaks are calling.

We are just wanting a more rural friendly daily driver. She is wanting to be able to follow my Ranger on the trail too (since my Ranger is just a two seater and we now have three butts) If I can do it with 31's and a limited slip she should be fine with 32's, a locker with all the fancy electro-digical magic stuff.

If I can find one I like I might snag a some kind of a grille guard and I would like to add foglights, its going to stay pretty much close to stock to maintain nice road manners.

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I was just practice building a Bronco on their website for the hell of it (it will be at least a couple of years before I buy one, if ever)... anyway, can anybody tell me why you can't get the roof rack with the Sasquatch package?

I'm sure the aftermarket will remedy that, but I'm just curious what the rationale is. I wouldn't buy one without the Sasquatch. Same as I wouldn't buy a Wrangler without the Rubicon.

Grassland

I was just practice building a Bronco on their website for the hell of it (it will be at least a couple of years before I buy one, if ever)... anyway, can anybody tell me why you can't get the roof rack with the Sasquatch package?

I'm sure the aftermarket will remedy that, but I'm just curious what the rationale is. I wouldn't buy one without the Sasquatch. Same as I wouldn't buy a Wrangler without the Rubicon.
Probably the same reason you can't put the Tremor package on an F250 that isn't a crew cab.
Or that you can't put an STX package on an F150 with the 3.3 V6.

More than likely some actuarial did the math and figured it wouldn't pay to make them with that combo

Or maybe center of gravity could be compromised with a roof rack and things tied to it when it's up on 35s rather than the 31s of the base model.

jeepers29

How long does it take for the dealer to reach out to you? I put in a reservation about 10 days ago and have not heard anything.

watrboy

Observer
My reservation was July 30 last year, I ordered mine couple of weeks ago after dealer contacted me end of January.

Dealers are still working through the ordering process, learning as they go. Mine just reached out to me last week and I reserved on July 20th. It won't be till mid-May before you get a build schedule, and depending on what you ordered, it may end up being either a late availability MY21 or even pushed to a MY22. I'm guessing I will end up with a MY22, Badlands, 2.7l, Sasquatch, black hardtop. At a minimum it will be late MY21 availability.

jeepers29

Dealers are still working through the ordering process, learning as they go. Mine just reached out to me last week and I reserved on July 20th. It won't be till mid-May before you get a build schedule, and depending on what you ordered, it may end up being either a late availability MY21 or even pushed to a MY22. I'm guessing I will end up with a MY22, Badlands, 2.7l, Sasquatch, black hardtop. At a minimum it will be late MY21 availability.
Thank you. I reserved the Badlands with squas. pack. and the high level so not expecting delivery til next year.

watrboy

Observer
That's what they told me also. My needs were more overland based and I look forward to the standard engine and 32 inch tires.

goFWD

GVWR. No, I'm not kidding. There was a long thread about this over at bronco6g forums a few weeks ago. Certain accessory combos push the vehicle too close to the GVWR and Ford seems to be playing it very safe with the numbers. The Sasquatch package apparently adds a lot of weight and has the potential to limit available accessories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles