New Bronco

billiebob

Looks like Ford just made a better Defender than Land Rover could.

Oooops.
Thats not hard, Honda made the Accura, the UK made the Sterling, identical cars lol. The Accura/Sterling thing died when the UK said let us do the electrics..........

The UK cannot build great cars, period. Unless they are specialty race cars the public will never buy.
The UK, United Kingdom? no, more like the Union Kiboshed It.

Not to say Land Rover and Jaguar and McLaren aren't great cats,,,,,, just saying the Unions killed great cars for us generations ago.

Last edited:

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Personally i think Ford absolutely nailed it and has just effectively made Jeeps close to irrelevant, completely outdated and will they will completely own the Midsize market within a couple years.

The new Bronco is basically everything the FJCruiser should of and could of been where Toyota failed.

Of course, people will find things to gripe about of course, thats how humans work..

But the fact Ford actually stepped up to the plate and went all in to make this is freaking amazing, and I'm guessing the classifieds section is about to be flooded with Jeeps, 4runners, and Tacomas for sale once the new Bronco is actually available for delivery.

Hopefully other manufacturers follow suit and up their 4x4 game instead of just silly bolt on / badging packages

Last edited:

justbecause

perpetually lost
Personally i think Ford absolutely nailed it and has just effectively made Jeeps close to irrelevant, completely outdated and will they will completely own the Midsize market within a couple years.

The new Bronco is basically everything the FJCruiser should of and could of been where Toyota failed.

Of course, people will find things to gripe about of course, thats how humans work..

But the fact Ford actually stepped up to the plate and went all in to make this is freaking amazing, and I'm guessing the classifieds section is about to be flooded with Jeeps, 4runners, and Tacomas for sale once the new Bronco is actually available for delivery.

Hopefully other manufacturers follow suit and up their 4x4 game instead of just silly bolt on / badging packages

If you bought a Tacoma you didn't do so for any real reason other than the name. It's the worst mid size truck you can buy in the USA today. And unless ford can achieve some monster energy drink level branding Tacoma bros won't be trading in.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
If you bought a Tacoma you didn't do so for any real reason other than the name. It's the worst mid size truck you can buy in the USA today. And unless ford can achieve some monster energy drink level branding Tacoma bros won't be trading in.

Completely accurate and valid point! hahahahaha

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
And unless ford can achieve some monster energy drink level branding Tacoma bros won't be trading in.

They actually discussed the new Bronco on the Tacoma forum.
The conclusion was that it's a Ford so there is nothing to see or worry about.
A quite few dudes, the least religious ones, commented about it being so cool looking, but they got virtue signaled and they had affirm that there is no God but Tacoma.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
They actually discussed the new Bronco on the Tacoma forum.
The conclusion was that it's a Ford so there is nothing to see or worry about.
A quite few dudes, the least religious ones, commented about it being so cool looking, but they got virtue signaled and they had affirm that there is no God but Tacoma.

Hahahaha

Sounds about right.

I’ve been a complete die hard Toyota guy my entire life and owned one of almost every model of 4x4 they’ve produced in the states.

They just simply haven’t kept up with the changing times and I finally jumped ship.

They have a niche market and that’s fine, but their tech, or even their features is leaps and bounds behind everyone else

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I don’t know how I’m going to make it till fall 2021 when I can get one of these guys! To best days to own a Land Rover are the day you buy one and the day you sell it. I can hardly wait to get into a 2door Bronco.

Last edited:

billiebob

While I agree, Ford nailed it, they aren't light years ahead of Jeep. They just made lockers optional across the board, something Jeep can do without any development, and they made 35s a factory option, something Jeeps have been doing for decades thru the aftermarket, again an easy in house option Jeep could add overnite.

All Ford did was up the ante and Jeep could offer both those options before the first Bronco actually sells.

The big hit for purists tho will be how BIG the BRONCO is. 6" wider than the JL. The purists already think the JL is too big. Ford has revived the second generation Bronco, not the original.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Agree. Jeep could seriously improve with no effort at all, and very little cost. (I'm available by the way Jeep, make an offer).

Better axles and Rubicon available on everything, especially the base. Fire everyone that made the interior of the Jeeps. Hire a 5' tall Women, and a 7' tall man. Ala carte EVERYTHING. This is where Ford really dropped the ball. V8 and a good transmission. Completely cut ties with everyone responsible for the weak rockers and soft camshafts.

And better get going. Ford never releases the halo truck or car that they want to. The 2nd gen is always way better, and mostly complete before the 1st gen is released. I forget what they call that. But it's no mistake that the 94 Mustang was much uglier than the 99, which is kinda the same car. The did it again in '05. The 05 Mustang was hideous compared to the refreshed one that came shortly after.

As for the Toyota fans, if the Bronco works better, they'll come on over. The first week or so when you see how much nicer it is in a fullsize, it's kind of hard to stay brand loyal. Overlanders usually don't put up with cool things that don't work well for long, unless it's actually working well for you. If the legit campers see a better option, the instagram crowd will follow.

I left my Jeep behind because everything I was doing, a fullsize did way better, without constantly peeing on me or breaking down. You can sit in a dusty Jeep Toyota camp with a smelly tent and a sausage party, or go to the fullsize campground where we have solid walls, AC, and wine racks for the ladies.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles