New Bronco

MOAK

Adventurer
I have seen just a couple. But compared to the engine failures I have at our Hyundai or Jeep/Ram/Dodge stores, Its not a real problem at this point. its seems to be just a batch of them.
Lemme see now, a Hyundai at under $20k with literally thousands of exact model replacements readily available, and over priced Chrysler products, that there are literally thousands of exact model replacements, then there’s the way overpriced Bronco, with tiny batches and zero model replacements available. I think that’s a very different failure scenario.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Lemme see now, a Hyundai at under $20k with literally thousands of exact model replacements readily available, and over priced Chrysler products, that there are literally thousands of exact model replacements, then there’s the way overpriced Bronco, with tiny batches and zero model replacements available. I think that’s a very different failure scenario.
Not really. The engine's used in the Bronco is not new as I am sure you are aware. It has been produced since 2015. Hyundai 20K?

MOAK

Adventurer
Not really. The engine's used in the Bronco is not new as I am sure you are aware. It has been produced since 2015. Hyundai 20K?
20k, ball parking the price on Hyundais, our daughter bought a loaded one for just under 24 a couple years ago. You’re obviously a Ford guy, so am I as I’ve owned a few F-100s, a few F-150s a 250 and two Rangers over the years. That batch you refer to could potentially be 25,000 vehicles, isn’t that about 1/2 of all Broncos produced with that engine? That’s a big batch. My point is, and think it was missed, people have waited for their Bronco for years, the waiting list is long, how long will it take for Ford to correct the problem once the recall happens? Months obviously, years? Sadly it’s looking more and more like the early small diesel failures. I know if I owned an 80,000 vehicle and it went down and I wouldn’t get it back for long time, I’d be just a tad miffed at making payments and paying insurance on something that I’m not driving. Just gimme my money back so I can move on.

85_Ranger4x4

20k, ball parking the price on Hyundais, our daughter bought a loaded one for just under 24 a couple years ago. You’re obviously a Ford guy, so am I as I’ve owned a few F-100s, a few F-150s a 250 and two Rangers over the years. That batch you refer to could potentially be 25,000 vehicles, isn’t that about 1/2 of all Broncos produced with that engine? That’s a big batch. My point is, and think it was missed, people have waited for their Bronco for years, the waiting list is long, how long will it take for Ford to correct the problem once the recall happens? Months obviously, years? Sadly it’s looking more and more like the early small diesel failures. I know if I owned an 80,000 vehicle and it went down and I wouldn’t get it back for long time, I’d be just a tad miffed at making payments and paying insurance on something that I’m not driving. Just gimme my money back so I can move on.

Last I heard the count on Bronco 6g was about 40 bad engines.

Internet is trying to make something out of nothing imo.

Grassland

That's a lot better than the Theta 2 platform in Hyundai's.
But at the new price of Hyundai's prior to COVID, it's a touch less painful than on what the asking rate is on a Bronco.

FordGuy1

Adventurer

Quality control is what I see being most issues. Yes, Ford is my favorite, but I run fixed ops for 7 car lines, so I get to see a lot. My point comparing it to Hyundai was the Bronco failure was a super small part batch issue, Hyundai built a engine that was defective for 3.7mil vehicles.

85_Ranger4x4

That's a lot better than the Theta 2 platform in Hyundai's.
But at the new price of Hyundai's prior to COVID, it's a touch less painful than on what the asking rate is on a Bronco.

Appliance cars generally are cheaper.

Hyundai has nothing remotely close to a Bronco in their lineup.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Damn. I’m gone for two days and we’ve gone all Hyundai? ******?

I stopped in at my dealer yesterday to say “what’s going on with orders?” since I just moved 7 hours away from this dealership. So far it shows as a good order (they apparently have all the bits needed to build it), but it is not serialized yet. The GM has a meeting on July 7th with Ford and says he will have more info for me after that. He says he can “push” my order up, but it’s up to Ford what they build, and it’s been pretty random. I said “then push it for dogs sake!”

I actually went across the street to look at Ram 1500s, which may become my other vehicle since I bailed on my camper order. $76,000 for a “Classic”? Yikes. $101,000 for a Laramie on 35s. (These are Arctic Peso prices, but still!)

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Damn. I’m gone for two days and we’ve gone all Hyundai? ******?

I stopped in at my dealer yesterday to say “what’s going on with orders?” since I just moved 7 hours away from this dealership. So far it shows as a good order (they apparently have all the bits needed to build it), but it is not serialized yet. The GM has a meeting on July 7th with Ford and says he will have more info for me after that. He says he can “push” my order up, but it’s up to Ford what they build, and it’s been pretty random. I said “then push it for dogs sake!”

I actually went across the street to look at Ram 1500s, which may become my other vehicle since I bailed on my camper order. $76,000 for a “Classic”? Yikes. $101,000 for a Laramie on 35s. (These are Arctic Peso prices, but still!)
76K for a Ram Classic is crazy money. Where was that? Seeing them a lot cheaper in Alberta.

Edit - Holy crap Warlocks are going for 68-70K.... This is for a truck that came out over a decade ago.... :oops:

85_Ranger4x4

It's hard to get new mopars for stock, pretty much all we can get are sold orders.

I am on the wrong side of the lobby but I think we are still doing MSRP for special orders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior