New Bronco

Welp, another scheduling cycle, another round of disappointment. Amazing to me how many early reservations are still out there with no scheduled build date. Considering how many builds of higher trims with all of the deadly sins of commodity constraints are out there already, how is that people with day 1 or 2 reservations aren't built yet? I'm a day 6 reservation and am getting a bit frustrated, people before me have to getting quite a bit frustrated. All of this because Ford decided to ignore that they said they would be built basically in reservation order, then changed things so their favored dealers would get the builds first, thereby screwing a vast majority of their Bronco customers.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Welp, another scheduling cycle, another round of disappointment. Amazing to me how many early reservations are still out there with no scheduled build date. Considering how many builds of higher trims with all of the deadly sins of commodity constraints are out there already, how is that people with day 1 or 2 reservations aren't built yet? I'm a day 6 reservation and am getting a bit frustrated, people before me have to getting quite a bit frustrated. All of this because Ford decided to ignore that they said they would be built basically in reservation order, then changed things so their favored dealers would get the builds first, thereby screwing a vast majority of their Bronco customers.
I can tell you 100% that there is zero favoritism. It is about what commodity issue is on your build. Just as if you order an F-150 with the flat-folding console, you will never see it, but to the naked eye, a customer does not realize this small item from one truck to another. Dealers can't even get a personal favor right now for themselves.

So why are there builds that that are my same configuration or even more commodity challenged that were reserved months after mine getting scheduled, walk in orders getting pulled before early reservations? Yes, I understand there are constraints and lower trim levels would probably be built sooner because of available parts, but that doesn't explain how there are still many day 1 and 2 orders not built. Now, throw in the allocation system that favors big dealers or some other back office grading system and you're place in line only matters if you are lucky enough to be at one of them. Why shouldn't the first person in line overall that wants that flat-folding console get it regardless of where their order is placed. In this system it goes to the first person at one of the favored dealers. Ford is giving way more allocations to their big dealers, I understand why, that's where most of their overall business comes from. But that was not communicated when we all jumped in and handed them the money for a reservation. They said they would be built mostly in reservation order. Hell, they couldn't even supply the First Editions, which by definition was all Day 1 reservations. Look at all the people that are still waiting for their MY21 Broncos, with how many MY22 already shipped...Starting to think the marketing and scheduling is being run by the same people who planned the Russian invasion, seems about as well organised

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
Heard a weird grinding noise when in neutral or 1st & 2nd gear sometimes when cold. Took it in at 1300kms, local dealer didn't find anything wrong. I got tired of the noise at around 4800kms and took it to another dealership that actually provided loaners.

Transmission needs to be replaced. So, now I gotta wait for an ETA on when I'll get it back. Disappointed overall by this experience.

My dealer had 1 that was an exact match to my order yet it wasn't mine that i ordered a year ago but they got one to sell? They didn't even call to see if I wanted to buy this one instead. At this point Im just going to buy something else and not cancel my order just to see when it actually comes in. This is a joke...and a ******** show by ford. Point fingers at covid or suppliers making bad tops or chips not being available and anything else. Fact is dealers are getting Broncos and customers are not.

Heard a weird grinding noise when in neutral or 1st & 2nd gear sometimes when cold. Took it in at 1300kms, local dealer didn't find anything wrong. I got tired of the noise at around 4800kms and took it to another dealership that actually provided loaners.

Transmission needs to be replaced. So, now I gotta wait for an ETA on when I'll get it back. Disappointed overall by this experience.

sorry man.. hope it gets fixed soon

Explorerinil

Observer
I can tell you 100% that there is zero favoritism. It is about what commodity issue is on your build. Just as if you order an F-150 with the flat-folding console, you will never see it, but to the naked eye, a customer does not realize this small item from one truck to another. Dealers can't even get a personal favor right now for themselves.
I know of a big ford dealer with 10 full-size broncos on the lot, all priced well over msrp. The small mom and pop ford dealer 2 miles from me said they can’t get any, and if I order one it “may be a year or so” before I get it. I asked the small dealer why he can’t get any and doesn’t have any, he wouldn’t say much but eluded to some form of inside deals with the larger dealership, now this my be bs, I don’t know but something’s up.

Explorerinil

Observer
My dealer had 1 that was an exact match to my order yet it wasn't mine that i ordered a year ago but they got one to sell? They didn't even call to see if I wanted to buy this one instead. At this point Im just going to buy something else and not cancel my order just to see when it actually comes in. This is a joke...and a ******** show by ford. Point fingers at covid or suppliers making bad tops or chips not being available and anything else. Fact is dealers are getting Broncos and customers are not.
Yup SOME dealers are and customers that ordered them are not.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I know of a big ford dealer with 10 full-size broncos on the lot, all priced well over msrp. The small mom and pop ford dealer 2 miles from me said they can’t get any, and if I order one it “may be a year or so” before I get it. I asked the small dealer why he can’t get any and doesn’t have any, he wouldn’t say much but eluded to some form of inside deals with the larger dealership, now this my be bs, I don’t know but something’s up.
What happened is that many large dealers really went after doing tons of special orders. We had a team of people handling hundreds of orders. Then, lots of customers decided that they did not want the Broncos they ordered. Those order's end up being inventory. That is how it happened.

Explorerinil

Observer
What happened is that many large dealers really went after doing tons of special orders. We had a team of people handling hundreds of orders. Then, lots of customers decided that they did not want the Broncos they ordered. Those order's end up being inventory. That is how it happened.
So the smaller dealer didn’t have as many orders initially then? Is the approximate 1 year wait legitimate or was the small dealer blowing smoke? I talked to the larger dealer who has a bronco my wife likes, they are asking 10k over msrp, I refuse to pay anything over msrp. They said if we order one there is no markup. I heard ford is starting to crack down on these market adjustments, do you know anything about this?

Explorerinil

Observer

Every manufacturer has some issue somewhere, from what I’ve been reading this issue you had is not common. I hope it all gets worked out, this can be very frustrating with a new vehicle. Maby ask for an extended warranty after the repair. I’ve seen this done especially if your reasonable and polite about things.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
So the smaller dealer didn’t have as many orders initially then? Is the approximate 1 year wait legitimate or was the small dealer blowing smoke? I talked to the larger dealer who has a bronco my wife likes, they are asking 10k over msrp, I refuse to pay anything over msrp. They said if we order one there is no markup. I heard ford is starting to crack down on these market adjustments, do you know anything about this?
Smaller dealers have a smaller customer base/vin share. Its really just math, and resources. Ford cracking down on mark-up is just smoke and mirrors for the public, they have no control over what a dealer does. What the real issue is the dealers that lie about the order, or make an agreement on price with a customer, then the vehicle comes in and the dealer changes the price, or sales the vehicle to a customer that is willing to pay more. Thoses dealers are going to get heat from Ford, and its just wrong on so many levels.

watrboy

Observer
Smaller dealers have a smaller customer base/vin share. Its really just math, and resources. Ford cracking down on mark-up is just smoke and mirrors for the public, they have no control over what a dealer does. What the real issue is the dealers that lie about the order, or make an agreement on price with a customer, then the vehicle comes in and the dealer changes the price, or sales the vehicle to a customer that is willing to pay more. Thoses dealers are going to get heat from Ford, and its just wrong on so many levels.

Truly the problem is unscrupulous dealers. Only the public can change that. Ford Corporate has mentioned in interviews it would like to see a build on demand business where most vehicles were built to order and not off the lot. Hard to change a process like that.
I have usually always ordered and waited for the product and the few times I purchased off the lot was disappointed. I was also buying several pickups and larger trucks a year and found the order process to be an interesting exercise in proper fleet cost/maintenance management.
I was glad to order a Bronco and wait. When I became more educated on the packages and capabilities, I completely changed my order with the soft top and very satisfied with my Bronco now after 6 months. Small niggles with the window catching on the top when opening and installing a seat jack for comfort. I fixed the window myself in less than 1/2 hour. Just had the oil changed at 3500 miles and now waiting for warmer weather to leave the top down.
I also paid MSRP as agreed when I placed my reservation. Dealership was very professional and only slightly gave me a bad time for buying my 1st Ford in 31 years.

85_Ranger4x4

Only if the customer got it in writing, otherwise it is a game if he said/she said and Ford understandably won't get in the middle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94