New Bronco

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
If I had to pick between Subaru Outback / Forester VS Bronco Sport.
I will pick Bronco Sport.

In NE, especially in NH and VT, everyone drives Subaru... It's some sort of a standard.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
No. You can tune options using a variety of cryptic codes written by a heroin addict. I thought you could kill autostart with one. Or at least make it so that you only have to kill it once from the dash, and it retains that setting as long as you want.

You can disable the obama-ic TPMS as well.

Now gear ratio, and speedometer setup, is pure voodoo. You have to juggle imaginary tire and gear sizes, and do some math, to get it right. You need to try 118,532 different combinations to find one that works well, AND doesn't set a check engine light.

And it's a buggy program. Sometimes settings take, and hold. Sometimes they don't. You might be able to turn off the TPMS. But your perfectly reliable truck may decide that it's a Cuckoo Clock instead, and cease all functions except the clock.

You get what you pay for, and forescan is cheap.

I'd rather pay $400 for a good program or programmer. But TTBOMK, none exist. Other than the factory stuff that I can't have.

Even worse, none of the tuners on the market have the ability to set things like forescan does. A pathetic oversight on their part.

85_Ranger4x4

It worked good for diagnosing my random missfire that was like 3% below the threshold for throwing a code... for free.99.

I think part of the problem too is Ford doesn't really figure on people needing to reset the speedometer so the truck itself isn't really that set up for it. They are not really made to be tinkered with and have things shut off and turned on and turned around and whatever else.

I had the dealer set mine in my F-150 for my massive regear/tire upgrade (3.31 and 235/70-16 to 3.73 and 265/75-16) and every time I hook a scanner up to it I get a "speedometer calibration" error code. It reads right but the truck knows it isn't "right" compared to what it is supposed to be although it it could have came with that combo (or one very close) from the factory.

And that is a cave pig crude/stupid truck compared to those of today.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
No. You can tune options using a variety of cryptic codes written by a heroin addict. I thought you could kill autostart with one. Or at least make it so that you only have to kill it once from the dash, and it retains that setting as long as you want.

You can disable the obama-ic TPMS as well.

Now gear ratio, and speedometer setup, is pure voodoo. You have to juggle imaginary tire and gear sizes, and do some math, to get it right. You need to try 118,532 different combinations to find one that works well, AND doesn't set a check engine light.

And it's a buggy program. Sometimes settings take, and hold. Sometimes they don't. You might be able to turn off the TPMS. But your perfectly reliable truck may decide that it's a Cuckoo Clock instead, and cease all functions except the clock.

You get what you pay for, and forescan is cheap.

I'd rather pay $400 for a good program or programmer. But TTBOMK, none exist. Other than the factory stuff that I can't have.

Even worse, none of the tuners on the market have the ability to set things like forescan does. A pathetic oversight on their part.
I used it to lower the tpms tolerances on my F350, tried to correct the speedo, but it was too big of a swing from the stock tires and didn't like it, dash lit up after that one.

roving1

No, he was famous because it was proved that he knowingly lied about what really happened. It was his fault because he abused it. IIRC, the trailer he towed was way over the weight limit and he hit some whoops much too hard. GM knew that that wasn't possible in any kind of normal situation.

I accidentally towed a trailer with something over 900lbs tongue weight weight with my ZR2 in an emergency situation. The frame didn't bend, but I was driving prudently.

This as nothing to do with anything but the Maudite avatar is aweseome!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I used it to lower the tpms tolerances on my F350, tried to correct the speedo, but it was too big of a swing from the stock tires and didn't like it, dash lit up after that one.

35's weren't too bad. Just select the largest stock settings and it's close enough.

Programming for 37's and 38's is a pita.

phsycle

Adventurer
...No 35s but you get lockers, the sway bar disconnect, and the suspension with 33 inch tires. So you could throw on a set of 35s and its basically the same thing. I was intially upset given i wanted a base sasquatch manual, but i'll either pony up for a black diamond(rear locker only with 33s) or a badlands model to get a manual offroader.

Don’t worry. I’m sure Craigslist will be flooded with factory 35’s after people replace them immediately for 40’s on dubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94