New Bronco

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There are dealers here playing the "you can't touch or drive the demo" game in hopes of marking it up after six months and then there are some dealers that are pushing their demo out like a lot lizard at a Pilot truck stop and raking in the orders because of it. The RAM/Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler dealer here has kept his lots full over the last year and a half but he told me that he's paying over invoice to buy vehicles off of other dealers lots to keep his inventory up and customers coming in. It is indeed a weird time in the car game and I am glad that I am not in the market.

85_Ranger4x4

There are dealers here playing the "you can't touch or drive the demo" game in hopes of marking it up after six months and then there are some dealers that are pushing their demo out like a lot lizard at a Pilot truck stop and raking in the orders because of it. The RAM/Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler dealer here has kept his lots full over the last year and a half but he told me that he's paying over invoice to buy vehicles off of other dealers lots to keep his inventory up and customers coming in. It is indeed a weird time in the car game and I am glad that I am not in the market.

I can kinda get that with the demo, the one we drove was just an orphan. I don't know why they dont have it out front as a tourist attraction OR throw it on ebay asap to cash in on the hype. Why hoard it?

If my brother didn't work there we would have never known they had it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
They aren't allowed to sell the demos for sixth months, that's why some dealers stash them out of sight or don't allow test drives. I get the fact that they wanna sell a cherry vehicle at the end of the sixth month demo/probation and with the chip shortages and subsequent inventory shortages their profits are down, but when you're flouting the very reason the factory provided demos to dealers in the first place it's kind of bad business in my opinion.

85_Ranger4x4

They aren't allowed to sell the demos for sixth months, that's why some dealers stash them out of sight or don't allow test drives. I get the fact that they wanna sell a cherry vehicle at the end of the sixth month demo/probation and with the chip shortages and subsequent inventory shortages their profits are down, but when you're flouting the very reason the factory provided demos to dealers in the first place it's kind of bad business in my opinion.

Yeah, the owner just dd's the demo.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
There isn't even cars on the lot of the local Toyota and Subaru dealer. Ford has very slim and it's full retail.

My Toyota dealer is up one 2O20 Tacoma (I sold them mine today for $9,500 more than I had into it!!!) and then drove over to my local Ford dealer and put my deposit down on a Wildtrak. Ordered a 4 door with hardtop and “practical” options for a rig to be used for hunting and fishing. Going Cactus Gray for now. Wife likes it a lot, but I’m not sold on the color. I feel like we have a few months to change our minds :rolleyes:

85_Ranger4x4

My Toyota dealer is up one 2O20 Tacoma (I sold them mine today for $9,500 more than I had into it!!!) and then drove over to my local Ford dealer and put my deposit down on a Wildtrak. Ordered a 4 door with hardtop and “practical” options for a rig to be used for hunting and fishing. Going Cactus Gray for now. Wife likes it a lot, but I’m not sold on the color. I feel like we have a few months to change our minds :rolleyes:

Months?

We are over a year into this circus ride lol

billiebob

The Bronco is starting to look like the new Challenger and Camaro. Ford never quit building, developing the Mustang and the Dodge Chevy "competirion" is a joke. Same with Jeep who never quit building the M/CJ/YJ/TJ/JK/JL/JT/Wrangler and it looks like that continuous development is blowing away the Ford "better idea" lol.

utherjorge

Observer
The Bronco is starting to look like the new Challenger and Camaro. Ford never quit building, developing the Mustang and the Dodge Chevy "competirion" is a joke. Same with Jeep who never quit building the M/CJ/YJ/TJ/JK/JL/JT/Wrangler and it looks like that continuous development is blowing away the Ford "better idea" lol.
I don't really understand any of this post.

85_Ranger4x4

What did you order? I was told 6 months is likely wait.

4dr black diamond, 2.3 slushbox, advanced 4wd, mic. Fairly basic. Reserved November of 2020. Just got our blend date last night. Projected blend date is 1/28.

Things are very complex, take whatever your dealer says for a time-line with a grain of salt. Nothing against them but they have no way to have a clue. Nobody does.

Ours said summer 2021... And if it wasn't for part shortages and issues with the roof he would have probably been close. Especially now there are a lot of potential snags and they have a big backlog to get thru.

IMO if you want one order one. The more basic the better but get what will make you happy. Be patient and you will get it. I have heard of very late reservations that are basically cutting in line for filler when they run out of hardtops/sasquatch parts/high packages/lux packages etc. The more crap you get the more stars have to align for yours to get built.

Last edited:

Grassland

Finally saw a Bronco on the lot but it was a trade in at the Nissan lot of all places. Not sure what they traded in for, I guess a Rogue because that's about all that's in stock there right now.
Didn't even look for a price. Curious to who had that for such a short time that it was traded in already.

85_Ranger4x4

Finally saw a Bronco on the lot but it was a trade in at the Nissan lot of all places. Not sure what they traded in for, I guess a Rogue because that's about all that's in stock there right now.
Didn't even look for a price. Curious to who had that for such a short time that it was traded in already.

Hard to say, lots of people got them to flip too. We have a dealer here hunting on CL and marketplace for inventory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior