New Anker Powerhouse

SmoothLC

Explorer
Just saw this and thought I'd post it here - New Anker Powerhouse. According to The Next Web:

Anker has just released the PowerHouse, which is as much battery pack as a generator, which is how Anker refers to it on its site and via Amazon. According to its own numbers, Anker says you’ll also be able to charge a laptop about 15 times, power a mini fridge for about seven hours or keep a 15 volt light on for 100 hours. A dense lithium ion battery powers everything, and Anker claims it has been impact tested and is shock resistant. The PowerHouse has a DC converter, an AC plug and four USB hubs (with Anker’s IQ charging standard to charge devices as fast as possible). For $399 (with the promo code ANKPower for preorders), the PowerHouse can be yours starting May 22. It’s normal retail price is $499.​

What do you think?

Anker-PowerHouse-Portable-Power-Supply-01.jpeg

pluton

Adventurer
Anker's page for this is down, but it looks like it could be a nice thing. Price is a touch high, but may come down eventually.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I love Anker and have 2 of their pocket cellphone recharger batteries but needed a bit more (and AC outlets) for long backcountry trips. So I use one of those 12-in-1 battery jumpstart boxes.
It's the same as this amazon one but red. I think I got it on Woot! about 2 years ago for $50 (or some other insta-deal website).
Wagan 400-Watt Power Dome Jump Starter with Built-In Air Compressor and LED Utility Light - http://amzn.to/1pTBMbo

I have never used it to jump-start cars but a co-worker who got the same one has has saved 4-5 people at work with his. And I don't use the air compressor and wouldn't trust it for expedition type use (I guess it could be a last resort back up).

But for charging batteries for my 2 Cameras, GPS, Smartphone, and Tablet it works great and lasts all week. Now that I have a 12volt charger for the camera batteries I don't even have to fire up the inverter. It's just a big giant battery pack with 2 12-volt outlets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94