New Alu-cab Khaya Camper for sale in US - details with pricing now available

Antangil

@RoninWanderer - I’ll beat you to it I think :). Getting my Khaya put on Friday morning, then driving home to Huntsville Al along the Appalachians. If anyone is close to Hamburg PA, Buchanan VA, or Robbinsville NC (or on the routes between) and wants to take a look in person, drop me a note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Hi @Antangil , congrats! I don't believe anyone has one west of Colorado/Wyoming, but you never know. I'll look forward to see your pictures! I just chatted with Adventure Ready here in Washington about this. Hopefully to get it started here soon. Just in time for winter camping!

Do you have a 5' or 6' bed? What options did you go with?

Antangil

Hi @Antangil , congrats! I don't believe anyone has one west of Colorado/Wyoming, but you never know. I'll look forward to see your pictures! I just chatted with Adventure Ready here in Washington about this. Hopefully to get it started here soon. Just in time for winter camping!

Do you have a 5' or 6' bed? What options did you go with?

Short bed, clicked all the buttons.

I’m in the east - heard from OK4 WD that I was #11 in the US. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoninWanderer

Definitely lost.... ?
Nice! I'm on a short bed as well. Where can I see more pictures? I'm not on Instagram, but I'll head over....

jaffers99

Man, this thing looks awesome. Any more pics?! I am super jealous. Keep us updated on how it is!

I replied to your instagram post too, but I'm super curious how easy it is to take it off when you just want a normal truck. I think you got the mechanical jacks, so I'm curious how hard it is to slide it off, and store it somewhere.

BDRXO

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

In about a weeks time there will be at least one out west! Ours just got released from customs and Rin has it on a truck Monday. Our shop is in Sonoma CA, just north of SF. We are installing it on a 2018 TRD Off Road, 6spd manual w/ a 5' bed. I'll be taking it home with me (near Sacramento) immediately after installing to stock it, kit out the interior and get it out for a few photo shoots. Let me know if anyone would like to come have a look...
IMG_0384.jpg

HMcQ

Rino,
this is really helpful. Unsure from photos and videos whether there is a place to sit with table for laptop or dinner plate. Like to be outside but sometimes working or eating inside is called for, thanks.

Those are all great questions and I appreciate your approach, I agree bashing another product is in poor taste and to prevent that I will just outline a few pros and cons of the Khaya.

Pros:
- Full aluminum construction, including the floor, interior + exterior walls, bed frame, kitchen unit, roof, etc. (maximum durability and minimal weight)
- Interior standing height from 6' 2" - 8' 8"
- Bed length of 8' 9" (all bedding can be left in place when up)
- Rear integrated ladder / step
- LED rear lighting keeps you legal around the globe (plugs into 7 way connector)
- Outside Kitchen (where we spend most time cooking)
- Outside Shower with integrated enclosure and duck board along with shower head storage and temp controls in shower cupboard.
- Outside Storage for recovery gear, tools, etc all without entering the camper
- Rear Tire Carrier allows for full size spare on even 5' bed trucks (must have)
- CTEK full electrical system allows for solar, 12v to 12v and 110v charging
- >10 second opening / closing
- Integrated Shadow Awn mounting w/ rear door gutter
- Diesel Hot Air Furnace, allows systems fuel to be topped off at fuel stations
- National Luna 60l Twin fridge, personally I prefer this style over RV style fridges
- National Luna dual color LED lighting inside and out (high quality and red lighting at night is a big plus for visibility)
- Roof can open with load not being removed.
- Exterior water tank access near kitchen (also gravity feed in case of pump failure)

Cons
- Less interior living space than typical slide in camper
- No glass windows
- No interior shower options
- Only 1/4 ton truck fitment
- Only sleeps 2 adults (4 sleeper in testing)
- Only available in silver or black with grey interior

Obviously feel free to chime in on some these if i'm missing some good pointers and thanks for the opportunity to share.[/QUOTE]

HMcQ

Rino,
this is really helpful. Unsure from photos and videos whether there is a place to sit with table for laptop or dinner plate. Like to be outside but sometimes working or eating inside is called for, thanks.

Those are all great questions and I appreciate your approach, I agree bashing another product is in poor taste and to prevent that I will just outline a few pros and cons of the Khaya.

Pros:
- Full aluminum construction, including the floor, interior + exterior walls, bed frame, kitchen unit, roof, etc. (maximum durability and minimal weight)
- LED rear lighting keeps you legal around the globe (plugs into 7 way connector)
- Outside Shower with integrated enclosure and duck board along with shower head storage and temp controls in shower cupboard.
- Rear Tire Carrier allows for full size spare on even 5' bed trucks (must have)
- National Luna 60l Twin fridge, personally I prefer this style over RV style fridges
- National Luna dual color LED lighting inside and out (high quality and red lighting at night is a big plus for visibility)
- Exterior water tank access near kitchen (also gravity feed in case of pump failure)

Cons
- No glass windows

Obviously feel free to chime in on some these if i'm missing some good pointers and thanks for the opportunity to share.[/QUOTE]

Skinhyfish

Observer
Fullsize!!!!.... lady and i said we would sell our 2017 FWC tomorrow and buy one if we could put on our diesel build. rugged look, but living on those cold wet days doesn't offer much. Keep us posted we are serious

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Rino,

Pros:

Cons
- No glass windows

Obviously feel free to chime in on some these if i'm missing some good pointers and thanks for the opportunity to share.
[/QUOTE]

So the Khaya has what i would call ample room for two to sit and eat if weather requires and easy room for one to sit and use a laptop. Alternatively if more time inside is something you are thinking about, the weekender model might be the answer. We have a wild new water tank, pump, heater and battery setup almost wrapped up for OEXE. This system will allow all the items to stow up front in a bulkhead and elevate a weekender with 80l of water, water heater, pump and Group 31 battery.

Lastly, take a peak at some of Chris's videos for a good look into the Khaya and feel free to let me know what questions I can answer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94