New 270 Awning available.

Photobug

My search for the perfect awning continues. I found this new option.

So far the pluses
5 arms so it extends forwards as well.
Free standing.
Built in poles
Well priced for what it is $900.

Minus
84" is only side.
Website not fully baked, actual dimensions and attachment methods unknown.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Photobug

Same exact awning as a Darche 180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 180 may be the same I have not checked as I am only interested in a 270. This 270 is different than the Darche. This is a 5 arm unit and the Darche is a 6 arm awning.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I can't seem to get ahold of the Darche folks here in the USA and I know 23Zero was working with them at one point.......Maybe 23Zero created there own?

Photobug

Man, if that awening were to be on the other side and fit a fs van.........
It is 19 feet long in total with 7 foot stored size I would assume it covers 12 feet of vehicle and sticks back 7 feet behind it. They do have passenger side available also.

I can't seem to get ahold of the Darche folks here in the USA and I know 23Zero was working with them at one point.......Maybe 23Zero created there own?

I believe the distributor for Darche has changed, there are a number of retailers but the distributor has changed.

Here is more info from my research.

The walls are sold in two pieces, so it runs $900 for the awning and about $500 for the walls. The walls are 78" tall and sloped but basic with one door only no windows.

Tozan

I have a Nomadic 270 on mine I really like it. It is a very solid built free standing unit and sells for $750 with free shipping in the Cont. USA. It took only 5 days from when I ordered it in California and they delivered to Nevada. It has large box aluminum rafters and stainless steel hardware. It is a 6 pole design with 2 poles pivoting from the front and 4 from the back. Mounting was an easy 45 minutes with the three heavy duty angle brackets supplied with the awning. 4 year warranty, 129 sqft covered shelter.

It makes my Tahoe look a little smaller in this photo. I do have the additional first wall section attached and it is extended out for even more shade.

20190901_171819.jpg

Yuke

Adventurer
Backwoods Overland is now importing Darche into the US.

As pictures above show, the 23Zero has much less coverage due to how the rear is cut and the lack of a 6th support.

I just installed my gen 2 Darche 270 on the Jeep. It has a lot of nice upgrades and shaved off a ton of weight over the gen 1

gk_jam

Backwoods Overland is now importing Darche into the US.

As pictures above show, the 23Zero has much less coverage due to how the rear is cut and the lack of a 6th support.

I just installed my gen 2 Darche 270 on the Jeep. It has a lot of nice upgrades and shaved off a ton of weight over the gen 1

I'm really interested in the Gen 2 Darche Eclipse. What were the best parts of the upgrades over the gen 1?

Yuke

Adventurer
I'm really interested in the Gen 2 Darche Eclipse. What were the best parts of the upgrades over the gen 1?

The canvas quality was increased from a 280 to a 320 GSM, the hinges are now alumninum vs steel. overall the hardware, cover, etc are nicer when it comes to the little touches.

The supports got lighter and smaller but mainted the same strength, which helped shave 13lbs off the entire awning without sacrificing coverage. IMO thats a HUGE win.

RiDE

Observer
I have a Nomadic 270 on mine I really like it. It is a very solid built free standing unit and sells for $750 with free shipping in the Cont. USA. It took only 5 days from when I ordered it in California and they delivered to Nevada. It has large box aluminum rafters and stainless steel hardware. It is a 6 pole design with 2 poles pivoting from the front and 4 from the back. Mounting was an easy 45 minutes with the three heavy duty angle brackets supplied with the awning. 4 year warranty, 129 sqft covered shelter.

It makes my Tahoe look a little smaller in this photo. I do have the additional first wall section attached and it is extended out for even more shade.

View attachment 543103

I just found this awning the other day and I’m interested. Do you have any other pictures? How’s the waterproofing of the actual material? Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles