New 1999 GMC Yukon

BBslider001

Diesel Head
The improvement was 8 out of 10, but I am still happy with it. Next comes replacing some dash bulbs and radio bulbs. Then will be some attention to the front brakes and doing all fluids. I usually do that stuff first, but just haven't had time to do both and frankly, the interior is where you live in a vehicle and it was driving me CRAZY!! Thanks for looking!

noJeepshere

Adventurer
I'm not even bothering with the carpet, 'cause it's all going away!

But that is a vast improvement over what it was.

cent frum a smaert fone

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Fantastic job on the carpet cleanup. Good work!

Subscribing to see what else you do here. :)

Thanks! I won't be doing as much as you have, though I wish I could! I need to figure out the grabby brakes situation, redo the front brakes altogether, and do some interior improvements with burnt bulbs and such. My plan is as follows:

1) Off Road Lights of some sort
2) New BFGs of some sort
3) Torsion Key replacement

Wish list:

1) new paint
2) better rear bumper/tire carrier
3) power inversion
4) engine upgrade
5) better rear end

We'll see what happens as far as finances go. I'll be doing some stuff just to continue to get it cleaned up and in perfect mechanical condition. It's good now, but not perfect yet.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
For sale!!

Well, got a newer diesel truck out of necessity. I would love to keep this, but just can't afford to right now.

So, it's for sale in the for sale section! Hate to see it go, but hopefully it'll go to someone who can be good to it.

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Well, got a newer diesel truck out of necessity. I would love to keep this, but just can't afford to right now.

So, it's for sale in the for sale section! Hate to see it go, but hopefully it'll go to someone who can be good to it.

Aww.. bummer to hear that. :( Good luck on the sale. Hope you find your way back into another one someday.

BBslider001

Diesel Head
Aww.. bummer to hear that. :( Good luck on the sale. Hope you find your way back into another one someday.

Yeah, I was bummed as well. I wish I could keep it. If things changed on the job front, I probably could and would. It's just drives so nice.

dude you go thru trucks like i go thru frozen burritos. :sombrero:

I know right?! It's really a bummer. The Burban was just too expensive to drive as much as I do. The Yukon was the answer for us, but life drastically changed for us and we had to move out of our house. Since we own an RV and I am in school full time, we decided to make the RV work for our lifestyle, but we needed a vehicle that could move it with no hassle. I had to get my buddy to go get it out of storage with his F-350 PSD and I HATE relying on other people. So, we bit the bullet and got another truck that could do the job and then some.

If you guys know of anyone wanting a pretty well-taken care of Yukon for cheap, send 'em my way!! I'll still be around here though. :snorkel:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The positive way to think is that you'll be able to find a similar Yukon driven by a soccer mom for cheap when you decide to get one again.

I also think its time you post pics of this "new diesel truck" you claim to have purchased. You know what they say... "Pics, or it didn't happen"!

BBslider001

Diesel Head
The positive way to think is that you'll be able to find a similar Yukon driven by a soccer mom for cheap when you decide to get one again.

I also think its time you post pics of this "new diesel truck" you claim to have purchased. You know what they say... "Pics, or it didn't happen"!

I completely agree with the positive side! Thanks! And here is a photo or two. It isn't expo style, but it does allow us to be self sufficient now. :sombrero: It isn't completely new, but it sure is in very good condition. I had one of these a few years back before they started with all of the new diesel stuff. You just can't break these. I am pretty stoked to have acquired this and at a really good price!!

On another note, the Yukon has been reduced if you guys know of anyone who really wants a good one!

Attachments

• June 24 2013 009.JPG
    June 24 2013 009.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 17
  • June 24 2013 001.JPG
    June 24 2013 001.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 18
  • June 24 2013 002.JPG
    June 24 2013 002.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 17

BurbanAZ

Explorer
good looking trucks, that ford looks really clean for it age and im always a fan of any mid 90s tahoe or suburban.

Off Duty

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about your burb, and your Yukon, but it sounds like your pretty squared away, and have your priorities in order. :bowdown:

And as has already been stated, you can always find another one.
It's not like they didn't build one or two :)

In the meantime, how about some specs and more pics of that Ford Dually please?:Wow1:
That is one beautiful looking rig!! :26_7_2:

7.3?
Year?
Plans?

Subscribed!:coffee:

BTW, all the best to you and your family.
Don't let BS setbacks get you down. Stress is a killer! :(

Get the school out of the way, enjoy the family along the way, and have some fun.:wings:
The rest of life is just "stuff."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior