NEVER QUIT Overland's Extreme Isuzu NPR Build & 4x4 Conversion

Such a nice build. Crazy that someone would have something like that built then suddenly decide they don't need it anymore. `
That happens a lot on this forum. People claim that they are going to take the truck to all sorts of neat places etc etc, and then lots of subscribe to the thread. And then when done they sell it for a juicy price.
It seems to be a way of running a long term high visibility advertisement without paying for it. This is definitely not the only case of this on this forum.
Although to be fair not sure if the guy who posted the ad on this forum was a proxy for the builder or actually bought it from the builder and changed his mind.

javajoe79

Fabricator
That happens a lot on this forum. People claim that they are going to take the truck to all sorts of neat places etc etc, and then lots of subscribe to the thread. And then when done they sell it for a juicy price.
It seems to be a way of running a long term high visibility advertisement without paying for it. This is definitely not the only case of this on this forum.
Although to be fair not sure if the guy who posted the ad on this forum was a proxy for the builder or actually bought it from the builder and changed his mind.
Not sure anyone is profiting from these builds except the shops paid to build them. I just think people lose interest when they realize that they're not all that in to camping after all, then they sell at a loss. This guy wasn't the original owner and it was all built by someone who was paid to build it.

The build quality seems top notch and it seems like an amazing platform, but I'm not sure it comes together to be more than the sum of its parts.

I know lots of people favor crew cabs but engine maintenance seems like an enormous issue long term.
It also winds up making the cabin shorter. Add all those internal walls and the interior winds up looking extremely claustrophobic.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Engine access is a big issue. I'm surprised a tilting crew cab wasn't an option. The fire equipment around here with big crew cabs tilt for engine access.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Engine access is a big issue. I'm surprised a tilting crew cab wasn't an option. The fire equipment around here with big crew cabs tilt for engine access.
Certainly, a tilting cab is possible, regardless of the size/weight of the cab.
D1017tilt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles