Nemo Stargaze Luxury Recliner

harbinger808

Adventurer
Anyone out there have this chair and if so, what are your thoughts?... I'm looking into buying 2 camp chairs for my wife and I and was originally looking at Helinox Sunset chair. REI has a 20% discount running now that makes the Nemo the same price as the Helinox.

tenoverthenose

I tried one yesterday in store (60 seconds in the chair) and loved it. It felt more roomy than the Sunset chair and the rocking was addictive. I will say that the vertical chair supports are close to the arm rests though.

Also, my wife did not like it at all, but that could just be because of the price tag ;)

harbinger808

Adventurer
I tried one yesterday in store (60 seconds in the chair) and loved it. It felt more roomy than the Sunset chair and the rocking was addictive. I will say that the vertical chair supports are close to the arm rests though.

Also, my wife did not like it at all, but that could just be because of the price tag ;)

we were at rei a few days ago and tried this chair and i will say that its definitely on my list of items to buy myself! im only 5'7" so i was able to sit cross legged with my son on my lap and we could have both fell asleep. my wife liked it also but didnt like that price tag either :)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Want one ... couldn't find one ... e-mailed Nemo and they got right back with me. A couple mods coming forth and the next batch will be available for purchase sometime late February/early March.

krick3tt

Adventurer
went to REI and sat in the Helinox chair and immediately fell over when I put my arm out as if to grab a beer. Looks like a waste of a lot of money to me. Very unstable with the legs so close together.

harbinger808

Adventurer
went to REI and sat in the Helinox chair and immediately fell over when I put my arm out as if to grab a beer. Looks like a waste of a lot of money to me. Very unstable with the legs so close together.

ive always wanted a helinox but same thing happened to me also and im only 5'7" 165. plus my kids are always with us camping and they toppled the helinox at REI on even stable ground. my 2 yr old can easily get in and out of the stargazer no problem. only problem is everyone sits in my damn chair now instead of the couch!!!

Honu

lost on the mainland
my helinox chairs have been stable
also added two sunset a while ago and love em

really wanting to get and try one of these so interesting to hear new ones in a few months :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles