Needed Asap Manual Hubs GEN 2 / 2.5 ?? I have looked

MrJeebs

I ordered mine Wednesday by phone at cruiser outfitters, and they arrived today, Sat! Awesome service! Thank you!

Montero_cruz

Patrick Cruz
I ordered mine on Monday, got em Thursday. So stoked! I installed them today with my 6 year old boy. Good father and son project! Fit my 97 Montero SR perfectly.
We did a little test drive and I was amazed at the boost in HP. Seriously, we also changed dif fluid and transfer case fluid with redline. It's really an easy upgrade and I love the results. Big ups to the cruiser outfitter folks. Thanks!

I ordered mine on Monday, got em Thursday. So stoked! I installed them today with my 6 year old boy. Good father and son project! Fit my 97 Montero SR perfectly.
We did a little test drive and I was amazed at the boost in HP. Seriously, we also changed dif fluid and transfer case fluid with redline. It's really an easy upgrade and I love the results. Big ups to the cruiser outfitter folks. Thanks!

How much are they? Is there a link to them?

Thanks for any input

nbishop

Observer
Hi all, I'm not finding information on what steps are necessary to replace the auto hubs with the manual version. There are lots of good videos on YT of rebuilding the AISIN hub assembly but not switching from the montero/pajero auto hubs. For those that have done this, are there videos available for a walk though? This one seems good but it does not cover the breakdown of the auto hub:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3IkI7-94NQ. From what I see, it appears I only need to remove the existing hub body and lock ring, then should be able to follow along with the installation. Is this about right?

Any guidance is appreciated!

plh

Explorer
Hi all, I'm not finding information on what steps are necessary to replace the auto hubs with the manual version. There are lots of good videos on YT of rebuilding the AISIN hub assembly but not switching from the montero/pajero auto hubs. For those that have done this, are there videos available for a walk though? This one seems good but it does not cover the breakdown of the auto hub:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3IkI7-94NQ. From what I see, it appears I only need to remove the existing hub body and lock ring, then should be able to follow along with the installation. Is this about right?

Any guidance is appreciated!

http://www.ns-micro.com/~tuffpans/HUBS_Install.pdf

nbishop

Observer
Thanks plh.

Installation of the manual freewheel hub requires removing the entire front hub assembly and re-adjusting wheel bearing preload? I was hoping I would only need to follow removal steps 1-6 on page 1 of the linked FSM, but I'm a noob and learning these things are always more involved than I'd assume.

PacS14

Adventurer
Thanks plh.

Installation of the manual freewheel hub requires removing the entire front hub assembly and re-adjusting wheel bearing preload? I was hoping I would only need to follow removal steps 1-6 on page 1 of the linked FSM, but I'm a noob and learning these things are always more involved than I'd assume.

You don't need to do all that. Remove the existing hub, remove the lock ring, make sure the manual hub is set on free, take it apart (top and bottom), then install the bottom part where the auto hub was, install the snap ring, add some grease of your choice inside, install the top and done. Obviously use some etc sealant on the metal mating surfaces. No need to remove wheels or anything else for that matter.

nbishop

Observer
You don't need to do all that. Remove the existing hub, remove the lock ring, make sure the manual hub is set on free, take it apart (top and bottom), then install the bottom part where the auto hub was, install the snap ring, add some grease of your choice inside, install the top and done. Obviously use some etc sealant on the metal mating surfaces. No need to remove wheels or anything else for that matter.

Thanks for the clarification, glad to hear that it doesn't require all the steps outlined in the FSM linked by plh.

shellb

Adventurer
Echoing what everyone else said - Buy with confidence from Cruiser Outfitters!

Been a customer for a while and am always amazed how fast I get my stuff! Plus great pricing too.

cr4x4cruiser

Observer
Ordered these on Monday [noonish] and received them with Wednesday's USPS mail delivery [Utah to SoCal].
These guys have it going on!
Damn, these things weigh a lot... no, didn't put 'em on a scale - yet, but they are HEAVY.
If you haven't ordered 'em, and you want 'em, you better get 'em... likely the best $180 we have ever spent.

Thanks, Kurt & Bryce!

shellb

Adventurer
Ordered these on Monday [noonish] and received them with Wednesday's USPS mail delivery [Utah to SoCal].
These guys have it going on!
Damn, these things weigh a lot... no, didn't put 'em on a scale - yet, but they are HEAVY.
If you haven't ordered 'em, and you want 'em, you better get 'em... likely the best $180 we have ever spent.

Thanks, Kurt & Bryce!

Same for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94