Need to buy a Scepter Water Can

reconbyfire

Observer
orangeTJ said:
must be a typo in that url, because the link took me to a computer parts suppplier. ANyone know the actual URL for the company?
go to site, click 'shop as guest' near top of page, search for 'water cans' it works:sombrero:

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
You'd be surprised, but that is the correct URL.

Click Shop as guest in upper right.
Then in the search filed type in Water Can.
Scroll down.
There they are.

Bulldawg

Beowulf said:
You'd be surprised, but that is the correct URL.

Click Shop as guest in upper right.
Then in the search filed type in Water Can.
Scroll down.
There they are.

They also have decent deals on govt contract AR15/M16 mags. :)

locrwln

Expedition Leader
The only problem is that they want a minimum of $50 order. I just really wanted one can, I already have one. So I would have to order 4 to be over their limit. I tried three and it only added up to $47.

Anyone else have that problem?

Jack

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
locrwln said:
The only problem is that they want a minimum of $50 order. I just really wanted one can, I already have one. So I would have to order 4 to be over their limit. I tried three and it only added up to $47.

Anyone else have that problem?

Jack

Looks like a great price. Anyone else in your Reno area that needs a couple too? Go in together on one order.

Superu

Explorer
They are still available in Canada.

They didn't pass the safety tests in the US."

The latest rumor I heard.

Nathan

No safety issue with the Scepters. The current fuel cans didn't pass CARB emissions standards so they are unavailable for use in CA and any other CARB state.

With regards to the CARB compliance, the portable fuel container has to meet these requirements

1. Single opening
2. Self venting
3. Auto shut off spout
4. Auto close spout
5. Low permeation wall

The scepter fails CARB on #2 and #5. Retooling and reformulating to use a different plastic would not be a good business move for Scepter since most of their sales are to the military and that's whose standards they are most concerned with.

The vent hole on Scepter cans allows for atmospheric venting versus can to vehicle exchange required by CARB.

Glad I got mine when I did. Best bet is to find a retailer who still has them in stock and have them shipped to a friend in a nearby state. It's legal for individuals to ship them into CARB states, just not retailers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles