Need suggestions for a load point on the roof???

bcrez

Adventurer
I have a 2010 Taco, a truck cap is going to be one of my last purchases, but in the mean time I need a way to mount a tarp over the bed, like an A-frame tent. I would like to put a load point on the roof right behind the satellite radio antenna/ right in front of the rear brake light, in order to secure the front end of the ridgeline... then secure the other end to a tree/ hi-lift/ whatever I've got. Securing the sides wont be a problem. The problem is I cant find anything that will do the trick. I was thinking about getting one of those 3m Go-Pro mounts and using that, but I figured I could do better. I'm sure someone on this forum cant come up with a durable, aerodynamic, and cheap suggestion. As long as it's a serious suggestion, go nuts with it. Thanks.

BC

Here is a pic of the Go-Pro Mount... I would use the base-plate, and the piece on the far left, above the lanyard.

1859hr.jpg

ThomD

Explorer
Sailing cleat? Just run the line (padded of course) from the bumper over the top of the cab? A single Thule/Yakima cross bar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior