Need some Taco Help!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I have a slight problem with my Taco. If you look just under the headlight there is a small piece of metal that attaches to the grill, I believe it is call a space filler. Well this 7" long 1" high piece of metal likes to play games and pop out at random intervals. I know this is a common problem, and was wondering if you all know of any ways to keep it in. I have tried glue, epoxy, and silicone with no luck so far. Any great ideas? I am Leaning towards a drywall screw repair job, but would rather not go that route if i don't have to.

Wil

flyingwil

Desertdude said:
Sometimes only a sheet rock screw will do :hehe:

how about a SS rivet? :ar15:

I thought about it but it is metal attached to some crappy plastic, and for some reason removable, that is my problem just too removable. I was kind of thinking that a screw will still allow it to be removed since this time I am taking more drastic measures. It in a way disapoints me that it is designed this way, but on the bright side is the only flaw i have cam across on my Taco!

erin

Explorer
Would it help to expand the clips alittle so that they fit tighter or is some of the bracket broken?

flyingwil

erin said:
Would it help to expand the clips alittle so that they fit tighter or is some of the bracket broken?

None of the clips are broken, and I have tried bending the metal tabs (that accept the plastic clips) with out luck... Oh well, just seeing if any one else had this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles