Need some help finding the right parts, and some info ...

Buffalobwana

Observer
I have been going through the Expedition Trailers section to get inspiration and ideas for my build. Wow, we have some talented guys here and a lot of great builds. I have invested a couple $K in parts and such, but want to tap into the experience of the group. So, I have some questions on best parts, and where to find certain parts.

Unlike the last few trailers I have built, I am planning this build backwards. The last thing I will do is draw the frame and box plans. The first thing I will do is buy everything I want to go in it and on it (within reason of course). Obviously, I do have a picture in mind that I will stick to. A specific use that I have in mind, and a rough size in mind.

Here goes.

1. First, is there a website that has a lot of cool parts and accessories for adventure trailers?

2. I want an Engel fridge. They have a bunch of different models, which one should I be looking at and why? Or what to look for and what to be aware of?

3. I will build a slide out shelf for fridge and probably slide out shelves for other stuff. Who builds quality tracks, Where is a good place to start looking for tracks?

4. Bed liner coating. Best off the shelf stuff, or do you guys recommend having it commercially done?

I am good with tools, good with welding etc, built a few specialty trailers in the past, but this is a new kind of trailer for me.

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles