Need some ARB Fridge help please.

TwinStick

Explorer
We have 2 ARB Fridges, an 82 at & a 50 qt. 82 qt has been plugged into 120v since new in 2014. No issues. 50 qt is our go-to fridge for 90% of our outings.

It has started to be erratic with its temperature. Fridge will be set at 30° F, yet will be reading 15°F, but will actually be 45°F when checked with separate thermometer. Both have been kept indoors and out of the weather when camping and well taken care of & cleaned. Radiator is clean & fan bearings have been lubricated with a precision oiler.

I think it may need a new thermistor. They were both purchased from OK4WD. Do I go through them or call ARB directly ?
Anyone have that phone # ? Do I need serial # when I call ?

We have a trip planned in a few weeks. I can do it myself, that's not an issue. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I have the same two fridges, Sounds like the thermistor is on it's way out which is a cheap fix and easy to do as it is a slide in slide out affair on the later ones which yours is,

Also I would buy a proper digital thermometer because you have 3 readings and none of them match, I would of expected at leased 2 of them to be close,

First off I would empty the fridge and set it to 0*c /32*f and let cool down for a day and then that night stand facing the control panel and open the 50Qt and then Touch the first Cooling panel On the Right hand side " NOT" the Cooling Panel that is directly behind the Control panel, If the panel on the right hand side is starting to get light frost on it then your fridge is working fine and OR if the fridge is cooling in general the issue will be the thermistor,

Hope that helps.

Land Shark

We have 2 ARB Fridges, an 82 at & a 50 qt. 82 qt has been plugged into 120v since new in 2014. No issues. 50 qt is our go-to fridge for 90% of our outings.

It has started to be erratic with its temperature. Fridge will be set at 30° F, yet will be reading 15°F, but will actually be 45°F when checked with separate thermometer. Both have been kept indoors and out of the weather when camping and well taken care of & cleaned. Radiator is clean & fan bearings have been lubricated with a precision oiler.

I think it may need a new thermistor. They were both purchased from OK4WD. Do I go through them or call ARB directly ?
Anyone have that phone # ? Do I need serial # when I call ?

We have a trip planned in a few weeks. I can do it myself, that's not an issue. Thanks for the help.

Call ARB directly and they will take care of you very well.

Depending on the serial number and when it was manufactured it could be an easy thermistor swap or a not so easy swap. Even the not so easy wasn’t bad whenI had to perform the deed. Good luck sir

67cj5

Man On a Mission
The First ARB II Series had a Green Digital display they were the ones that were hard to change, and some of the early ones with the White Display after that they were made so it was easier to change Chances are if your fridge is under 8 years old then it should be one of the easy change models,

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles