Need some advice for Ram 3500

kmacafee

Adventurer
I have done some research here but I thought I would reach out and see what people advise. I have a 2015 Ram 3500 gasser, stock height with an Aluminum Flatbed and Bundutec Odyssey camper. The rig has 82,000 miles on her and about 60,000 miles ago, I installed Bilstein 4600 shocks. I've also upgraded ball joints, stabilizer bar and track bar to Carli components at about 65,000. After a lot of on and off-road miles, the ride is getting a bit sloppy and soft and I want to upgrade the shocks and front coil springs to something a bit beefier. I'm not interested in Icon or the other super high end suspension systems out there -- I want to keep it simple. I have used and had good experience with both Bilstein and OME so am thinking either of these manufacturers would be great -- but what specifically?

It looks like OME only covers the 1500. So with Bilstein, will the 5100 make much of a difference? Are there other Bilstein's that would work? Coil spring recommendations? Other manufacturers I'm missing?

One other issue -- I installed a Carli Track bar and the Heim joint failed after a few thousand miles. They warrantied it and the second has now failed as well. In speaking with a number of Ram owners, the general consensus is that Carli's quality control isn't what it used to be and parts failure is pretty routine now. Any suggestions for replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Halligan

Adventurer
I had a 2010 Ram 2500 that I ran a Carli track bar and springs. I had to replace my heim joint as well, I think it got sloppy but I can't remember 100%. On my 2015 Power Wagon I'm running a Thuren track bar, front springs and 2.0 Fox shocks.. I've had this setup on the truck for a year with no problems so far. I like Thuren and recommend their stuff to Ram owners.

TommyG

Adventurer
I ran OME on my Toyotas and never had a bad experience. I don't know anyone that has them on a Ram but I would probably trust them on my truck.

I would also consider Thuren or Synergy. You can do a pair of Thuren front springs and four of their monotube Overland shocks for a decent price and have a pretty nice setup. Synergy has a kit for your truck with front coils and four shocks (Fox I think) for about the same price.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Call Thuren. They can valve Fox or King shocks to your suspension setup. They can also provide you with a very high quality track bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
I have done some research here but I thought I would reach out and see what people advise. I have a 2015 Ram 3500 gasser, stock height with an Aluminum Flatbed and Bundutec Odyssey camper. The rig has 82,000 miles on her and about 60,000 miles ago, I installed Bilstein 4600 shocks. I've also upgraded ball joints, stabilizer bar and track bar to Carli components at about 65,000. After a lot of on and off-road miles, the ride is getting a bit sloppy and soft and I want to upgrade the shocks and front coil springs to something a bit beefier. I'm not interested in Icon or the other super high end suspension systems out there -- I want to keep it simple. I have used and had good experience with both Bilstein and OME so am thinking either of these manufacturers would be great -- but what specifically?

It looks like OME only covers the 1500. So with Bilstein, will the 5100 make much of a difference? Are there other Bilstein's that would work? Coil spring recommendations? Other manufacturers I'm missing?

One other issue -- I installed a Carli Track bar and the Heim joint failed after a few thousand miles. They warrantied it and the second has now failed as well. In speaking with a number of Ram owners, the general consensus is that Carli's quality control isn't what it used to be and parts failure is pretty routine now. Any suggestions for replacement?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thuren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94