Need San Diego Installer ASAP

tedujam

So I had an appointment today in San Diego with Aluminess to get front/rear bumpers installed. Due to the Colorado wildfires, my CCV top install was delayed, I had to cancel the Aluminess install and they don't have any open install slots for 2 weeks.

I'll be in San Diego on Monday Nov. 2nd for 24 hours max. No tools. My Aluminess stuff is sitting at their office and ready to go, they just can't fit me in for an install. Looking for any place in San Diego that can do a bumper install on short notice.

TIA

2001Safari

WeldTec does vans but sells their own bumpers i think. They might give some love? There is Action Van in San Clemente, they might help but it's far away.

Is it a Bolt-on bumper??

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
So if you're not familiar with San Diego, Aluminess is in an area of town (Santee, and nearby El Cajon) that has a TON of race shops, off-road shops, etc. (This area is far enough outside the main city that rents are lower, plus there used to be an actual dirt-track nearby, etc. etc. so it's where a lot of such shops tend to cluster.)

Point is, there's a whole mess of capable shops very nearby. Aside from NTG mentioned above, Agile Off-Road and Jimco Racing are both very near to Aluminess, and SoCalTruck is a couple more blocks away. Within 5 miles there are probably a dozen shops.

If you prefer corporate places, there's a 4-Wheel Parts and an Off-Road Warehouse within a few miles also.

tedujam

WeldTec does vans but sells their own bumpers i think. They might give some love? There is Action Van in San Clemente, they might help but it's far away.

Is it a Bolt-on bumper??

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
NTG Racing is a block away. Joe might be able to cram you in.
10969 Wheatlands Ave. #B Santee,Ca 92071 619-449-2758
He might be in about 7-8:00 am. He's installed a bunch.
So if you're not familiar with San Diego, Aluminess is in an area of town (Santee, and nearby El Cajon) that has a TON of race shops, off-road shops, etc. (This area is far enough outside the main city that rents are lower, plus there used to be an actual dirt-track nearby, etc. etc. so it's where a lot of such shops tend to cluster.)

Point is, there's a whole mess of capable shops very nearby. Aside from NTG mentioned above, Agile Off-Road and Jimco Racing are both very near to Aluminess, and SoCalTruck is a couple more blocks away. Within 5 miles there are probably a dozen shops.

If you prefer corporate places, there's a 4-Wheel Parts and an Off-Road Warehouse within a few miles also.
Thanks. I left messages at Agile and Weldtec earlier today. I'll try the others mentioned tomorrow.

tedujam

NTG Racing is a block away. Joe might be able to cram you in.
10969 Wheatlands Ave. #B Santee,Ca 92071 619-449-2758
He might be in about 7-8:00 am. He's installed a bunch.
Joe is trying to fit me in, thanks for the rec. WeldTec called me back and said "maybe". Agile said Dec. 1st at the earliest

NomadQ

I read you have no tools, but honestly I mounted mine by myself with just a carjack, 2x4 (for stability) and basic tools in a couple hours total. The bumpers are light, lining them up is the hardest part. If you have a tire carrier, wait til you’re home to mount that to your hinges. Maybe a fella in SD can loan you a driveway and the carjack.

tedujam

If anyone in San Diego has tools, skills and a place to swap bumpers, I'm paying $350, which is what Aluminess was charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior