Need recommendation for Roof Rack so I can mount gear and a RTT

csangster

Good afternoon,

I own a 2005 F250 short bed with a SnugTop topper. I am setting my truck up for the backcountry and camping. I would like to mount a rack system to the topper and the cab of my truck. That way I can put gear on the rack over the cab and put the RTT on the topper. I am a DIY person, so I will be installing the track system myself. What manufacturers should I stick with for quality and durability. I am a single father of 4 so I will have all my kiddos with me when camping/skiing/hunting/traveling. My vision is to have a RTT, awning, bike racks, ski racks, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
Golden, CO

NatersXJ6

Explorer
You might have better luck posting in the Domestic Full Size Section. It is really going to depend on your topper rating unless you want it over the cab. This is hashed and rehashed in that other section.

Lownomore

Good afternoon,

I own a 2005 F250 short bed with a SnugTop topper. I am setting my truck up for the backcountry and camping. I would like to mount a rack system to the topper and the cab of my truck. That way I can put gear on the rack over the cab and put the RTT on the topper. I am a DIY person, so I will be installing the track system myself. What manufacturers should I stick with for quality and durability. I am a single father of 4 so I will have all my kiddos with me when camping/skiing/hunting/traveling. My vision is to have a RTT, awning, bike racks, ski racks, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
Golden, CO

As far as the snug top goes it depends on what it's load rating is. We have installed a few Front Runner racks on canopies and they have worked well. If they have a cab top rack that will fit on your truck it's a good option too. They have really well built accessories for their racks as well.

09Busaman

I like the Rhino roof rack systems, have one on my ATC. If you install a roof rack on the topper, that should hold the bikes and related gear. I would think about putting the tent on the rack system over the cab. Most toppers have a dynamic and a static rating. I put the ATC on mine since it has a 500lb static rating but it also has a reinforced ceiling. Our tent was 120lbs, plus me, the wife, and the dog we were close. If you need more weight capacity I believe I have seen internal frame systems or you can build your own to help support weight on the roof of the topper. I have also seen the platform racks which I really like, but they are out of my price range.

Mass_Mopar

Don't Litter
Sell the RTT and buy this -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles