need or want?

I like Ronny. He's not afraid to admit when he's wrong, but i don't always agree with him. But hey. different strokes for different folks on different continents. I think this video is aimed primarily at newbies looking to get out there and how to avoid the hype of overlanding.

Roaddude

Long time off-grid vanlife adventurist
I think he makes some good points, and agree with a lot of, if not all. And I like hearing Australians talk.
When I first started researching trailers and awning and other gear years ago, I was watching so many Australian and South African vids my kid didn't recognize me on the phone; I was using so many different words and talking with an accent.

Having watched Ronny Dahl in all sorts of vids over the years, with his interviews and about his own personal experience with all sorts of gear and vehicle mods, I think he is spot on with all of this, for newbies and those who consider themselves more experienced.

His having played the game of trying to be an influencer and making honest vids for so long, about really getting out there and doing it way more than most, makes me respect his judgement and statements all that much more about the way things are currently. I appreciate, too, that he mentions those with longer experience than he has.

Last edited:
Definitely NOT an infomercial. He has been ripped by several companies due to his somewhat blunt reviews/comments about products. I don’t always agree with him but as they say, “my mileage may vary”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94