Need opinions on Tacoma

Marine

Adventurer
Have a good line on a 2006 Tacoma, 208,000 miles. Frame was swapped out in march of this year. Service records show it was dealer maintained. Asking price is 8500. does the price seem fair? Thanks all

Dopesick

Does a bear..........
Thats not really a whole hell of a lot of info to go on....

Is it stock? What engine and transmission, standard cab, extended, double.... What area is the vehicle in (region matters a bit for price)...

Marine

Adventurer
Thats not really a whole hell of a lot of info to go on....

Is it stock? What engine and transmission, standard cab, extended, double.... What area is the vehicle in (region matters a bit for price)...

Double cab, automatic, short bed trd, v6,interior is in perfect shape. Had stacks of maintenance records regular oil changes and services. older person owned from Michigan.

billiebob

Have a good line on a 2006 Tacoma, 208,000 miles. Frame was swapped out in march of this year. Service records show it was dealer maintained. Asking price is 8500. does the price seem fair? Thanks all
high miler and the frame was swapped, sounds like a project, regardless of price

Marine

Adventurer
high miler and the frame was swapped, sounds like a project, regardless of price

Thank you, that was my thought also. I saw it and figured I would ask, my diesel is getting long in the tooth. I wouldn't mind a project but trying to avoid a money pit.

grogie

Like to Camp
Ok cool, I went and looked at it this morning told the guy 8500 seems a bit steep, and he would have to come down to around 5500. So I was in the ball park, he didn't call me back yet so I'm going to assume he didn't like my offer lol.

Did you search for similar Tacoma's in your area? Michigan vehicles tend to have a lot of rust, so being that they've replaced the frame, that's got to be a big improvement over most similar year mid-size trucks?

tacomabill

If the frame was replaced via the Toyota settlement on bad frames then that would be a good thing and should not reduce the value. If the deal goes forward, find out if that was the case.
There was a Toyota settlement from a lawsuit regarding lack of rust proofing the frame by the company that built the frames. It was not a recall, but Toyota agreed to fully pay for the frame swap if it was rusted. I do not know the years covered other than my 2008 was covered -I got a notice from Toyota in the mail. My frame has no rest so I didn't need it replaced. The settlement has been discussed in depth at tacomaworld.com.

Dopesick

Does a bear..........
If the frame was replaced via the Toyota settlement on bad frames then that would be a good thing and should not reduce the value.

$8500 sounds insane. Yet normal for what most Toyota people think they have. What Tacomabill said, is absolute gospel. If the frame was replaced as part of the Toyota Settlement, great. I would not take the owners word on it, and would expect to see Dealership paperwork. Otherwise I've seen far too many wrecked Tacomas rebuilt on "new" frames and sold without an appropriate title.

Marine

Adventurer
It was dealer replaced or I was told. Im going to call Toyota and see if they can give some answers. I would come up a bit but I'm not giving him 8500

tacomabill

Case you have not already considered this, but auto sales are reported to be way off, so prices are expected to plummet. There was an article on this on Yahoo News a couple days ago. Might pay to wait a bit and see what develops.

dman93

Adventurer
Help me out here, what’s wrong with the $8500 asking price?
This one has 265K, $11500:

Another one, private party, lower miles, 2WD, $17500 - agree this is a crack pipe price:

ErockinTaco

I sold my 06 Sport DCSB for $11,500 a year ago and it had 235k miles. I had a few desirable mods but I think I could have got $10k even without them... They seem to sell for a little more in my area though. Mine also had a frame replacement a few months before I sold it. I was surprised at other items that get replaced with the frame, like front lower control arms.
Check the frame rails at the back of the front tires for rust... that's where mine was the worst. I would think visually it would be fairly easy to tell if the frame has been replaced recently unless the guy is trying to cover it up with paint

Marine

Adventurer
Did you search for similar Tacoma's in your area? Michigan vehicles tend to have a lot of rust, so being that they've replaced the frame, that's got to be a big improvement over most similar year mid-size trucks?

I have checked out a few others, one the frame was rusted through the other the interior was shot. Looked like they lived in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior