Need new tires

Scoutn79

Adventurer
I had BFG KO's in the past, they are tough but weren't quite right for the use of the truck I putt hem on. I have them on my work truck (F-150) and got them just before a snowstorm hit. I ended up driving around in the storm in 2wd as I didn't realize I had an issue with the 4wd. I was very surprised how well they work in the slush, hardpack and wet snow. I have taken them rabbit hunting a few times and they work very well as expectedI have run BFG's (MT,KM)for over 20 yrs and love the durability.
For all around I really like the KO2's on the F-150

Darrell

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Up for new truck tires and this thread was helpful narrowing down brands to start looking at. Been using BFG ATs on my K2500 for over 20 years and while they lasted great in the Midwest, they aren’t doing so well in the mountains due to the long, twisty mountain roads that just seem to wear them out very quickly.

TantoTrailers

FWIW I went with the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus tires and couldn't be happier. They are quite and fuel efficient and they are everything I need when off pavement so far. I am not sure how they would hold up over time under the mountain driving conditions you mention since I am a flatlander in the midwest.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Up for new truck tires and this thread was helpful narrowing down brands to start looking at. Been using BFG ATs on my K2500 for over 20 years and while they lasted great in the Midwest, they aren’t doing so well in the mountains due to the long, twisty mountain roads that just seem to wear them out very quickly.

I have General Grabber X3s. They are pretty much a mud tire but they are great for snow and relatively quiet. I've driven them during my trips into the Appalachian Mountains without issue, this includes inclement weather.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Been using BFG ATs on my K2500 for over 20 years and while they lasted great in the Midwest, they aren’t doing so well in the mountains due to the long, twisty mountain roads that just seem to wear them out very quickly.

I have gone through several sets of Goodrich ATs in various persuasions, and I won't buy them again because of durability issues. BUT, they handle better in the mountains on pavement than any other truck tire I have used. Probably because of the tread compound. Lots of stick means lots of wear, so it's a tradeoff. They are quiet, comfortable and handle just great if you know how to drive fast. But I still won't buy them again.

billiebob

There are lots of great ATs that perform well in snow but you cannot beat a dedicated winter tire in snow country.

DSC_0003.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles