Need idea: pointy cot feet bad for tent floor

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Helinox cot feet: https://www.amazon.com/Helinox-Cot-Leg-Pieces-Convertible/dp/B01BMDXCJO

(My feet seem more pointed than the ones in that photo.)

The usual DIY foot protectors are tennis balls. I can't use those because there are 12 feet and the cot has to go in my kayak hatch---no room for 12 tennis balls. I tried closed-cell foam and the feet wore through it quickly. I compared 1/4" felt and it seemed no better. I think the weight has to be spread out more, as in a min. 2" disk. Criteria: lightweight, fits in a small package, durable. I would consider cutting the tip off the leg to get a flat surface, but that would be a last resort. Any ideas for DIY protectors?

NMC_EXP

Explorer
I use rubber furniture leg cups. These are designed to protect hardwood floors and are 2" or a little less in diameter and maybe 1/4" thick in the load bearing area with a raised rim.

NMC_EXP

Explorer
These are from Ace Hardware but I've seen them at Home Depot....etc. They are called "rubber caster cups"

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
I ended up using the chair feet I linked above because this cot has 12 legs and that's too much for unfixed casters. I think they help. Depends on how soft the ground is. Thanks for the ideas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles