Need help with fuel line clips!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Just finished shortening my fuel tank. The large fuel line coming out of the tank pump broke. Ford dealer near me is either incompetent or ford doesn't have replacement clips?
46c6370e2d90070ba6d21b29a843dcdb.jpg

Need the clips for the bottom hose. Been searching and searching with nothing coming up. The hose on the left is the standard ford connector. Anyone have a source or part number?????

Thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvrzuki77

explorer
Yup, unfortunately everything is pre 2000. From doing parts searches this might be a 08 and up style. I will probably cruise under a bunch of different trucks and pull some out.

silvrzuki77

explorer
I bought those today. They fit the smaller lines. The larger fitting is 5/8th. Appreciate it though. Might have found a part number from a different vehicle. Of course no picture and its for a mustang lol!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Well hopefully this is the correct part
P/N 1F1Z-9A317-FA edit "does NOT fit"
7109a3bc2c270c17f5ac8a1453f42ef8.jpg

For $5 bucks shipped I'll give it a shot.

Hopefully this will be useful for someone else in the future.

Last edited:

Vandit

Observer
I went through this exact same scenario about a year ago. My clip broke exactly the same way as yours did and I embarked on this same mission. After lengthy amounts of research time online, I ended up buying 3-4 different replacements online from different vendors and all of them ended up being the smaller size. In fact, they even have the smaller size on the shelf at my local O'Reilly's. However, the larger clip was nowhere to be found anywhere.

I researched the exact hose online at fordparts.com (matched to my VIN for my 2005 van) and then went down to my local dealership with broken clip in hand. When I got there and showed the parts counter guy my broken clip he knew exactly what it was. He said that they used to have a small bin of clips there for the dealer mechanics to use, but that they were all gone and he said he was unable to ever get any more in. He said that the last couple of times they needed one, they had to order the entire line because it comes with the clips. I said that was pretty ridiculous for a $.50 clip and he agreed but said that he had no other options.

Still in disbelief that they wanted me to spend $35 on a new line for a $.50 clip, I went to another dealership just to hear the same answer. Both parts guys agreed that it was really stupid, but they offered no alternatives and I certainly never came across the bigger size clip anywhere online. So I bit the bullet and just ordered a whole new line which included the clips.

Sorry this doesn't really help you out, but I certainly feel your pain. I guess if I had a 3D printer maybe I could have just made a few replacements, but I don't. If you do happen to find a source for just the clip and it's actually the right size, please post back here with the details. Good luck.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Vandit, it's unbelievable that is the support from ford! The dealer near me wanted me to buy a new hose setup and hope the clip came with it!

The part shipped already. Suppose to be here by the 28th.
Fingers crossed

silvrzuki77

explorer
Unfortunately they don't have the size needed. Think I went through that catalog 5 times hoping I missed it.

silvrzuki77

explorer
Went to the junkyard and started looking at the newest vehicles the had. Sure enough found the clip!
2015 Jeep Patriot Evap canister.

Than happen to walk by a polymer gas tank laying on the ground and had both clips I need. Of course the secondary locking clip was broken but a little duct tape will hold it there.

0022d3b8500d7f9e3bbb30f3c833770f.jpg

The smaller clips are the Dorman replacements.

Once I get the other factory clip I will compare and let everyone know.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
In a pinch a piece of medium thickness safety wire might substitute. Just run it through once or twice and tie it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles