Need help: Which trailer works best for us?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Trail marker website is gone. Some advice don’t put a deposit down on unbuilt stuff which you can then loose ie no money and no trailer?. Especially today where toys aren’t selling

Cali dude you need to calm down brother. You are smart enough to know website go down sometimes for maintenance especially at companies that are not in tech and don't have an IT department. It may be time to dose down a bit ? FYI Trailer Marker is a brand for Rollingstar Manufacturing that builds all sorts of medical, FBI and Fire department type trailers. They are backed up on all products and will not be taking any Trailer Marker orders until 2023 but the company is solid. They will also be showing thier Trailer Marker line on the Rollingstar website and will not have a separate Trail Marker website.

That's funny. Large Down-payment is catch 22.

Usually custom built direct from MFG a large Down-payment is the norm.

Sure you can buy a Mass produced trailer from a dealer for minimum Down-payment.

Working with a company like Rollingstar/ Trailer Marker that's been building mostly aluminum chassis trailers for decades helps in feeling better about large deposits. Trust but verify (as well as possible)

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Cali dude you need to calm down brother. You are smart enough to know website go down sometimes for maintenance especially at companies that are not in tech and don't have an IT department. It may be time to dose down a bit ? FYI Trailer Marker is a brand for Rollingstar Manufacturing that builds all sorts of medical, FBI and Fire department type trailers. They are backed up on all products and will not be taking any Trailer Marker orders until 2023 but the company is solid. They will also be showing thier Trailer Marker line on the Rollingstar website and will not have a separate Trail Marker website.
Not only is it down but the site ownership is available to purchase. I’m a tech guy use to teach sales teams big data tech. So yeah the site physically doesn’t exist anymore nor is it owned. Sooooooo… yeah don’t put deposits down on vaporware

Not only is it down but the site ownership is available to purchase. I’m a tech guy use to teach sales teams big data tech. So yeah the site physically doesn’t exist anymore nor is it owned. Sooooooo… yeah don’t put deposits down on vaporware

Wellll....like I said they are going with one website:

Possible they don't realize the sites available for sale. Don't tell anyone until they get it figured out.

Cortttt

I've actually owned a Basecamp 16x and two other airstreams as well as a Fiberglass truck camper so you have to be more specific as to what it being compared. If you're talking a composite camper with closed celled foam, then i would agree it has superior insulating properties. Airstreams are well insulated but they are also designed to be used with systems. The interior aluminum reflects the heat back into the space while also transfering heat into the insulation, so yeah if you simply step into an unheated camper on a cool autumn day it will be cool. As with the Basecamp 16x, if you have the heat going, which you can barely hear is running all, it can be set to heat from 40-85ºF. In addition to being ultra quiet, the Truma combi is a programmable extremely efficient heater both with 12V and propane used plus there are two 20lbs propane and 200aHs of lithium batteries so it's quite comfortable and you can go for weeks as long as you keep the batteries charged, which is true for all campers. If tied into shore power, you can even heat the airstream without using propane or a mix combination. Airstreams fall short when it comes to their single pane glass, as do many other travel trailers. Now, if you're talking about composite trailers with double pane arctic tern style double pane acrylic windows, yeah they're going to do a little better especially if spending weeks or more in cold winter conditions. However, in no way are Airstreams "UNUSABLE in winter" which is the point I was addressing. Lots of people have spent entire winters in airstreams and they they tend to last decades when taken care of without showing their age, so they hold value rather well and the vintage ones have even increased their value even in pre-pandemic times. I'm not an Airstream diehard as I just sold mine and currently giving a VAN conversion a go at the moment, but just think Airstreams should be recognized fairly in the conversation.
Several people on the Airstream forums report they've done just fine in winter temperatures.

hscoots

My requirements are similar(minus the kids part). One thing I've given a lot of thought and might work well for you is pairing up boreas chassis with a nice popup camper like overland explorer backcountry or even hallmark/outfitter 8 footer. If i was somewhat handy, I would've gotten the chassis already and build my own interior on total composites box or sth similar. But it's hard to source those box these days, total composites won't sell anything custom besides the various truck camper configurations. Boreas do sell the transcore panels, but the sizing is limited and we need popup design to fit inside the garage and also be able to standup inside the camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles