Need help to I.D a trailer

wasnt me

I'm a hot rod builder by trade and like it has been mentioned before that is most likely a service bed off of a 40's and 50's commercial truck. They are making a come back in the Hot Rod truck world. Just saying if ya go to get rid of it you might be able to get a great price for it if advertised in the right area? But personally I think it will make a sweet expo trailer. Great find.

Ya I think about that every time I go to work on it.
I would hate to ruin a piece of history. It has plenty of dents but no rust which destroyed most of them.
I found an old black and white video of it mounted on a bell service truck on youtube which was kinda cool, I'll see if I can find it and link it here.
What value would you put on the bed ?

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
It's like everything else... Finding the right buyer and the right project. But I would think it would bring 12 to $1,500.00. It could be duplicated but in today's dollars it would cost $2500.00 minimum to build it, Buy it for 15 and restore it to the color of the truck you would be coming out ahead. But it will still make a sweet trailer.

wasnt me

That's not bad.
Maybe prices will go up someday. I sold a nice 68 convertible camero in 95 for $8500 and last week watching the barret jackson auction saw 2 of them go for $120,000.
Made me a little sick to my stomach haha.
Probably worth more as a expo trailer at this point. I'll try not to do anything to it that cant be reversed.

wasnt me

Sorry didn't see your post until now.
I had it for sale for awhile and it didn't sell.
Ive been busy upgrading it and may put it back for sale again soon.
New upgrades besides axle/wheel are new 2.5x2.5x1/4 wall extended tongue, new removable slide lock coupler, new tire carrier and propane mount,new 1,250 lb air shocks, diamond plate sides for the stove, side steps, ultimate removable tongue jack, gas can carrier and 2 additional frame cross members. Pic's show it all.

wasnt me

Made some more progress.
Rewired running lights (all lights are working great now), Added an exterior aux light and switch for night time trailer hook up etc and finished the coupler.
I used 2x2x1/4 astm a500 tube steel 2' long so it's extendable to a point. Only thing left are the 2 frame braces left to install. should have those done tomorrow.
Hopefully will be testing it out this weekend.
Ant thought's on color ?
I was thinking leave it white and add a winter camo theme (white/grey/black)

wasnt me

Thanks, your M100 turned out great.
So today I built and installed the not so glorious but necessary frame cross member's and it's ready to hit some trails.
Welding on your back is a pita btw. Got a hot dingleberry in my ear.

pics

wasnt me

Finished up this round of upgrades and thought a few more pics were in order with the doors opened before sending it to to the chopping block.
If it doesn't sell I don't think well be upset at all.
Next phase we would possibly do a bob on the rear (blue tape line) heavy duty rack and a rtt. Not sure if I want to tackle the dings on the body, they add character right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles