Need help sourcing manual hub conversion parts for 1st gen 2002 Taco.

nely

Adventurer
10602d074096532c7748cf8370fad926.jpg

Here’s my amazon list with some part numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roving1

Reuse your spacer and snap ring.

No acorn nuts on the hubs. Cone washers and lock washers

Yeah cone washers is what I meant. My bad. Those and the studs are not listed on the 3 online OEM Toyota sites I checked. But they all have very different search protocols. I guess the dealer in person might be able to find it.

I wasn't sure if the spacers were all the same between manual hubs and non-manual versions.

nely

Adventurer
Yeah cone washers is what I meant. My bad. Those and the studs are not listed on the 3 online OEM Toyota sites I checked. But they all have very different search protocols. I guess the dealer in person might be able to find it.

I wasn't sure if the spacers were all the same between manual hubs and non-manual versions.

Those cone washers, studs, and nuts can be had from the junkyard off the older trucks

Or

06c791024c086742a9b02fcd4fd44760.jpg

roving1

Those cone washers, studs, and nuts can be had from the junkyard off the older trucks

Or

06c791024c086742a9b02fcd4fd44760.jpg

Junkyards keep blowing be off. They have a truck listed but they are always only ever selling the lockouts and "say" they have no other parts which makes no sense to me. No one is buying the CV's and knuckles and leaving the lockout hubs lol. There have been zero trucks in yards within a 2 hour drive of me for months. I drove to OH and one whole hub was completely underwater on the only truck I went to in person to see and it was hit in the suspension on the other side. Not real interested in repeating that experience. Used Taco parts and Detroit are not compatible with each other hahaha.

I finally found a parts order list on a 4runner board and searched successfully with the numbers. But if those are wrong I will use glady use that link. Thanks.

s.e.charles

I just skimmed this thread, but OP do you belong to Tacoma World forum? lotsa good information there, too. I go both ways - err - expo & tw that is!

roving1

There is lots of good stuff on Tacomaworld but the signal to noise ratio there is sometimes a bit lacking for me sometimes.

I ordered just the hub and lock hub from rock and a bunch of stuff from an online dealer including new snap rings and spacers just since they were cheap and at this point I am lighting money on fire with other upgrades too so why not. I am sure I will need something anyway.

I'll try Toyota parts deal next time for sure.

smokeysevin

Observer
I think that was where I got my hardware. Their website was a huge pain to use and kept locking up when switching part sections.

Sean

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94