Need help M416 aftermarket wheel size

Calaski8123

I've read a lot about the different wheel options and sizes but I'm still confused. I'm looking for aftermarket wheels for my M416 trailer build. I know they have the 5x5.5 bolt pattern. I was told to get 16x6 or 16x7 wheels but they're not that common. I'm also concerned about the backspacing. I know they're going to stick out a bit but I don't want them to be ridiculous.

Anyone with this trailer who went with aftermarket wheels can they please give me some ideas of what they got exactly size wise and show some pics. I was looking on summit racing and quadratec websites and see a lot of Jeep Wheels in those sizes but I'm not 100% sure and I wanted to check here before I made a purchase.

Thanks.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Be a good idea to get wheels to match your tow vehicle but you may have to also get different drums. If they stick out a bit have other fenders made, simple sheet metal bending shouldn't be a huge issue. I sold my M416 and have scrubbed my pics so I cannot show you what I had.

Calaski8123

I thought about this but my tow vehicle is a 21 Bronco. It's brand new and the wheels are expensive. They are also 6 lug which would mean I would have to switch out the axle or drums or use adapters which I don't want to do.

I was hoping to find a decent solution with an aftermarket rim but I haven't been able to find anythingI like. I'm now leaning towards using the original wheels. I kind of like the original look but I was not keen on using the NDT tires. I've been reading this forum and it seems like there's a few radial tires that will work on the wheel as long as the rivet holes are sealed. I'm going to get the wheels powder coated which should work.

Jim

rnArmy

Adventurer
Please also remember that trailer axles have a hub that sticks out. So whatever wheel you choose, it needs to have a center hole with a large enough diameter to slide over the hub. Generally steel rims will have a larger center hole than non-steel rims. Measure before you buy.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
You should be able to get basic steel trailer wheels n many sizes from places like e-trailer. They can take whatever tires you want. You don’t have to use NDT tires, and they will have centers large enough to clear trailer hubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online